Well, a lot! Life just gets busier and busier! Besides all the normal church stuff we do, we are busy playing outside more now that the weather is SO nice! I am so happy that spring finally came. Liam loves going outside, and cries when it is time to come in. His favorite thing is to play with his golf clubs and ball - just like his daddy. We are going to get them a little pool so the kids can play in there on the hot days. I had wanted to get one last summer, but with me being so pregnant and stuff, and then Leila coming, we just never got around to it. So that is on my list for this week to get at the store.
Leila is keeping me busier than ever. She loves to get into mischief! I think I told you that we were rewarding Liam with stickers for going potty and stuff. He LOVES stickers - especially if they have Thomas or CARS (the Pixar movie) characters on them. (Speaking of CARS, I think I have that movie memorized now. Liam got it for Christmas from his grandparents, and he has just recently gotten into it. And, you know how it is with kids. They like repetition so we have watched it most mornings as of late.) Anyways, Liam's potty chart got all filled up, so he began just wearing them on his shirt during the day. That was fine - I just had to remember to take them off before throwing them in the wash. Well, we started having a problem with them falling off at some point during the day, and Leila would get a hold of them, and try to eat them. One day I have to retrieve stickers on several occasions out of her mouth! They were stuck to the roof of her mouth! That scared me, so I made a change in game plan, and now we have "Liam's Official Sticker Book" and he puts them in that. It actually works out better because he loves to just sit and look at the stickers for hours on end!
So, back to Leila. She gets into everything that she is not supposed to. Then, when we tell her, "Leila, no ma'am!" she gives us the cutest, sweetest smile she can muster, then goes right back to what she was doing. It is cute, but not good! So, she is learning that when mommy and daddy say "no" they mean it! Her new things are shaking her head 'no' (wonder how she knows that! ;-) ), clapping her hands, waving hi/bye, and making a kissing/smacking sound with her lips. Oh, and her first "official" word is "uh-oh!" (I say official because I personally don't consider "mama" and "dada" as official words cuz at first it is just them making sounds, but we all claim they are saying our names!) And she says "uh-oh" (which actually sounds more like 'uh-uh' but with the right inflection in her voice) at the right time. Like when she is in her high chair, and she drops something, she will look at us and say it. It is SO cute to hear! I tell you, I fall more in love with my kids every day! They are just so cute, well, MOST of the time! :-)
I can hardly believe that we are just a little over a month away from her 1st b-day!!! Where did this year go? I mean, it seems to be going by faster and faster!! AAAHHHHH! I have started to think about what her theme will be for the party. Any good suggestions? I don't really like the princess theme. That's just not me (or her, from what I can tell - see picture below and you will understand!)
Well, I will leave you with a few pics, then I'm gonna go read my book. It is hockey play offs, so Matt is consumed with that. Yuck. I have lived here for 2 years and still have not caught the hockey "fever." I don't think I ever will! (Sorry, Babe!)
One cool dude eating his apple.
Getting lessons from Daddy.
Here's the playdough I made for him.
Looking at his new Thomas decals on his wall.
We think she might end up being a tomboy.
Even now she would rather play with Liam's trucks than any of her toys!
Okay, so it took Liam almost til he was 2 to learn how to drink from a straw.
Well, yesterday I saw Leila had gotten ahold of his cup that has a straw, and she was
just drinking away! Silly girl!
Chillin' outside.
Does anyone think she looks like me in this picture???
2 comments:
It is funny to read this because Emma is doing several of the things that Liam and Leila are doing :) Oh my goodness, isn't it so hard when they are so cute and you CAN'T smile because they were just being naughty?! Emma learned to drink from a straw before she was one as well...we got her that same kind of sippy because she LOVES to drink from straws!
You could do a "little orphan annie" theme. :-) That's what her dress in the last pic reminds me of. :-) But before I saw that I was going to suggest polka dots. :-) I can't believe she's a year already!! That is hard to fathom!
Post a Comment