Thursday, May 14, 2009

HELP!!

This is a post where I, Emily, am crying out for help from all you wonderful and creative cooks out there.   I think I have mentioned in the past how groceries here are quite expensive.  Most of it I have learned to buy as much as we can afford  when it is on sale, or just do without.  But the one thing that I still have not been able to adjust to having less of  is chicken.  Oh, it was in sale here last week - for $7.99 a pound!!!!!  And even at that, you only get a little bit in a package.  Sometimes we will go more than a month without having any chicken.  And any of you who know me at all know that I LOVE CHICKEN!!!!!  But, I try not to complain - too much!  
Anyways, I am asking for help with ideas of recipes using ground beef.  We have a ton of beef that was given to us by a member of our church who is dairy farmer and kills a cow a couple times a year.  I am very thankful for this gift, as I have not had to buy ground beef since the beginning of December.  But I am running out of yummy ideas in how to use the ground beef.  We are getting a little weary of: tacos, spaghetti, sloppy joes, goulash, stroganough (sp??), meatloaf, hamburger pizza..etc.  And I am totally not a creative cook.  So, does anyone have some great recipes they would be willing to share?  I have looked around on the Internet, but it usually comes up with mostly the same recipes.  If you can suggest anything, I would very much appreciate it!  Thanks!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hey, have you checked out my recipe blog? You can look under beef and venison or even turkey. (we use more ground turkey than anything). I'll look in a cookbook of mine called 6 Ingredients or less and get back with ya!

Rachel said...

Try a "campfire" meal where you cook everything together in a foil packet either in your oven or on the grill. You can put ground beef in w/ potatoes, carrots, onions or whatever sounds good. I'm going to try it with sweet peppers next time. I like the easy clean up too. :-) It's a great summer time meal, and you can "change it up" with just about anything. Some tomatoes, garlic, whatever. Num!