Thursday, May 21, 2009

Recently

We have been having a fun time.  I am SO happy it is summer weather.  Winter is just way too long here!   But, knowing me, I will be craving winter here in about 3 months.  Anyways, today was a beautiful day, definitely the hottest one we have had so far.  It got up to 94 degrees!  We played outside some, but it was just too hot.  I have been wanting to get one of those little plastic pools for the kids to play in, and were finally able to get it today.  Tomorrow, we shall give it a try.  Hopefully they enjoy it!

Some good news to share with you all is this.  I have mentioned how I became a permanent resident recently, but we were still waiting on the paperwork for Liam to go through.  We needed this information so that we could apply for the his passport so he could go to the wedding in Colorado with us in a couple of weeks.  Well, praise the Lord, it is all done!  We got Liam's "Certificate of Citizenship" in the mail on Tuesday!  He is now officially recognized as a dual citizen, and all is clear!  So we are getting the passport and I won't have to leave my little guy here and he will get to see his cousins and grandparents.  Let's just say that Grammy is VERY happy about that! :-)

I don't know if I have mentioned this yet, but I am having surgery next week.  Yep, Emily Sealy is having plastic surgery!  Hehe.  Everyone always gives me a hilarious look when I say that.  I really am having day surgery by a plastic surgeon, but it is definitely not for cosmetic reasons!  I have had a lump on the side of my face, right by my ear for several years now.  We don't believe it is anything dangerous, but just a lump that is connected with a health condition that I have.  Both my dad and brother have had them and had them removed.  It doesn't hurt except when it gets bumped, and that is very, very painful.  Pain rarely makes me cry, but that will literally bring me to my knees and I cry it hurts so bad!  The kids often accidentally bump it and it is not fun!  So, we are having it removed and I am SO glad.  It will be so nice to have it gone.  It is one of the most painful things I can think of right now - since it sits right on a nerve.  Ouch!  So, I am having that surgery on Thursday.  It is just an outpatient thing that only takes about 30 minutes.

Other than that, we are pretty much going about our normal stuff here!  I hope that you all are having a great week!  I will probably post again in a couple days!

Here is what we have been doing lately in a few words and pictures...

My beautiful Mother's Day flowers
Our swing set that was given to us.




After the Ladies' Tea we had last Saturday, Leila and I had some pictures taken.



Leila is holding a pink monkey.  
It has become her favorite toy that she sleeps with and hugs on. She loves that thing!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE these pictures! Especially the ones of Leila in the red polka dots. What beautiful blue eyes - just like her mommy. What a nice swing set - such a blessing for you all. MOM/Grammy

Wendy said...

Yay for new pools! Emma is such a little fish when it comes to the water! She loves it! Hope your two enjoy it!! We will be praying about your surgery this Thursday. Hope all goes well!!