I can hardly believe that is was three years ago today that our little Liam came into this world. What a joy he has brought to us! I cannot imagine my life without him in it! We had a good - yet strange day. I won't share all the details right now, but let it suffice to say that both Matt and I (especially me) have learned a lesson in totally trusting God, and following His leading, no matter what - even if you know that the road it will take you on will be rough and hard. Maybe someday soon I will share with you all just how God taught us this through the circumstances from yesterday and today, but not just yet.
But on to more interesting things. Liam woke up this morning, very excited that it was his birthday. We mainly celebrated his b-day last week when my parents were here, but Matt and I saved his gifts from us for today. Since he is very much into cars, we got him one of those rug/mat things that have roads and parking spaces printed on it. You know what I mean by that? Well, Liam absolutely LOVES it and has played with it all day. I think he would sleep in it if I let him. We also got him a little garage thing where he can drive his cars up to, get an oil change and some gas, and head back out on the roads! He really liked that too. The only issue we are having with these new toys is Liam getting very upset if Leila even looks at them! He yells at her to go away. Hmmm... Sharing is a hard thing to learn, especially when you are so passionate about your hot wheels! :-)
After lunch, we all got in the car to go get groceries in Houlton, Maine. That is always a fun little adventure for our family! Then we headed home, put the kids down for a nap, and I started my dough for some yummy homemade pizza for supper. We were having our friends over for supper, and for Liam to play with their 19 month old, Sam. I tried out a new pizza - chicken alfredo - and it actually turned out to be very tasty. Danielle and her sister were the first ones to introduce me to it.
Then we just had some nice fellowship with our friends over supper. They are expecting their 2nd child here in about 6 weeks. It is fun to get together whenever we can and just have a fun time laughing about the silly things our kids do, etc.
So now we are winding down, getting ready to head to bed. I still can't beleive that my baby boy is 3. He is such a joy in our lives! I love him so much! I thank the Lord every day for allowing me to be Liam's mommy. He truly is a gift from God.
So, it is with that I leave you for now. I trust everyone reading this is having a good start to their week (or end, or middle, or whenever you read this...).
Until next time....
These first 3 pics were taken today, then the rest were last week with my parents here.
Cheese!!!!!
His garage for his cars.
Playing Candy Land with Papa.
His first game of Memory.
Mmmm... cake - good!!
For the last couple of weeks, whenever we would ask Liam what he wanted for his birthday, he would say, "Ice Cream!" So we got him an ice cream cake from DQ. I didn't mind - I LOVE ice cream cake, and it saved me from having to make one!
2 comments:
Qade was reading your blog post with me and when he saw the pictures of Liam he said, "Qade!" ha ha!! Love the cake and the cutie boy eating it. It IS hard to believe it's been three years!!! My mom is getting Qade one of those area rugs with the road on it for Christmas. Funny how alike our lads are! Hope that you guys have a better today. Love reading your blog!
Boy, can we ever relate to trusting God even through those "rough" spots! Our favorite motto as of late is "don't doubt in the dark what you know to be true in the light". (Thank you Pastor Schettler :) Glad Liam had a happy birthday! Fun times in the Sealy household!! :)
Post a Comment