Monday, December 14, 2009

Are You Shocked?

So, are you completely shocked that I am finally updating my blog? To be honest, I do have the time, I just don't "feel" like it most of the time. Right now the main thing on my mind is having this baby. Yes, I still have 5 weeks to go, but it still is on my mind all the time. I have recently felt the great need to get all ready for the baby's arrival, since I don't know exactly when she will come. So, today, I got her bassinet all ready and set up in our room. Tomorrow I plan to pack my bag and go through all of Leila's old clothes and get that all set. Then I will know more of what we will need. We are fairly sure we are having a girl, which is just fine with me. The only problem, though, is that Leila was born in the middle of summer so all her outfits and clothes are either short sleeve or sleeveless, and are shorts - not many pants. Seeing as how this baby will be born in the middle of winter, those things just won't work. January and February tend to be the coldest months here. But we will hold off until I have the baby to be sure that she really is a she!

I don't think I mentioned this yet, but I am SO excited about our new bassinet that my parents bought me. (Yes, the simplest things make me happy!) When I had Liam, we were living in a very small apartment in Young Tower at PCC, so we just used our crib for him from day one. When I had Leila, I used our Graco pack-n-play that has a bassinet attachment thing on it. But, since we have moved yet again, our master bedroom is just not big enough for the pack-n-play. So I went in search of a bassinet. I am not a fan of the old fashioned cradles - just because I am not. No great reason, really. And the traditional, frilly bassinets just are not to my taste, either. I am not a "frilly" person to begin with!

Then I remembered what my sis-in-law used for Evelyn. It is made by Graco, and looks just like a pack-n-play, but is about half the size. It is so cute and just the type of thing I was looking for. I would have borrowed it from Danielle, but her sister who just had a baby is using it for now. So, my parents decided that they would get it for the new baby and I just LOVE it! It even matches my comforter on my bed so it is just perfect! Now I can't wait to put my little L......... in it! :-)


(here is a picture of my exact bassinet! LOVE it!)
unknown.jpg
So, that is what is up with me! I guess the nesting instinct is starting to set in!

The kids seem to be over their colds that they have had since we came back from NH. Liam still coughs a little, but that is all. These two kids are just plain busy and wear me out by the time breakfast is finished! They seem to be a little more clingy to me these last few weeks, too. I remember Liam doing this last time, too, so maybe they sense that change is coming. I don't know. All I know is it will be nice to not have my big ol' belly sticking out and getting in the way so I can get some good cuddles with my kids again. Leila especially doesn't understand why it is so hard for me and uncomfortable for her to sit in my lap!

Matt is still busy with all the stuff the Christmas season brings. His health is the same as it has been. He has had another several tests, and has a meeting with our dr. next week to go over the results. I really am praying that this pain goes away. It is going on 4 months now that he has been struggling with it and we still are not sure what is causing it! Please keep praying.

Church is going pretty good. This time of year is always hard as people are either traveling, sick, or not wanting to come out in the cold and snow, so attendance is down somewhat. But we have seen several great victories, too. A couple that Matt has been counseling with for some time for different things both received Christ as their Savior two weeks ago. Praise the Lord! They are going through some very difficult times, but keep telling Matt that it all just seems better and they have an "unexplainable" peace now in their lives. Yup. That's what it is like with God on your side! Matt (and I, when I am able) plan to meet with them weekly to disciple them in their new walk with the Lord. We know that the devil loves to attack hard once a person turns their life over to Christ, so we want to do our best to help them to stand up against the attacks that are already taking place! Please pray for us as we do this!

This week is a busy one since our church Christmas program is on Sunday. We have to get everything ready for that. Matt and I are playing Mary and Joseph (we thought it was fitting since I, like Mary, am "great with child."). We have our lines to memorize and to get everything organized. Plus, Friday is a very special day in that a certain husband of mine forever leaves the 20's and moves on to the 30's. He reminds me about every 10 mins that his "big" birthday is coming up.

Well, I think that pretty much sums up what we have been doing. We have all our Christmas decorations up and are just loving it. The kids finally stopped taking the bulbs off the tree and have not even touched the presents underneath it! There is snow on the ground and the weather is nice and cool. To me, this really is the "most wonderful time of the year."

1 comment:

Andrew D. Doan said...

did you guys change the color scheme in your room? no more red??

danielle