Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I Want A Hippopotumus For Christmas....

Liam had recently learned that song, so he sings it over and over (well, at least the parts he knows) and it gets stuck in our heads, so Matt and I are singing it often too. It is just too cute, though. I just love to hear Liam sing, and Leila has begun to try to sing too. She sings some of her ABC's and Jesus Loves Me. I just treasure hearing my children's voices. Leila is really trying to talk a lot now. She still speaks in one word "sentences" but says many things very clearly so most everyone can understand her. She is still a major Daddy's girl. She will give him hugs and kisses pretty frequently, but it takes a lot of coaxing for me to get them! So I just resort to Liam who will hug and kiss me anytime I want/need it! :-)
So, I cannot believe that Christmas is next week. Where in the world did this year go? Man, it went by fast. It is exciting because Liam understands it a little more and is excited about the decorations (he loves snowmen, or Frostys as he calls them!), and the tree and the presents and the songs. He knows it is Jesus' birthday and that is the reason we do all this. Leila gets excited too, but that is just because her brother is excited!
I looked at the forecast today, and, if they are correct (which they don't seem to be very often) we are due to have snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We already have quite a few inches of snow on the ground and it is quite cold outside, but I just LOVE IT when it actually snows on Christmas Day. Just adds to the excitement of it all.
I think I told you that Matt and I had "decided" on the name of the new baby, but we again have kinda taken a step back and aren't sure again. I really don't know why we are having such a hard time deciding. It was so easy with the first two. And if this turns out to be a boy, then it is settled. But naming this girl seems to be harder. We may just have to take Liam's advice and just name her Baby. That's what he told us to do, anyways.
I had a dr. appt yesterday and the baby is doing well - moving strong (I could have told them that!), and the heartbeat is good and strong. I am measuring just where I should and all that stuff. The baby is definitely in "labor position" as the dr put it, so I guess it is just a matter of waiting now. I seem to be showing many of the signs that labor is "eminent" but am not getting my hopes up of having the baby early. The other two came right on time (Liam right on his due date and Leila was born at 4 am the day after her due date). So, as uncomfortable and sore as I am, as hard a time I am having sitting, standing, and walking around, and as tired as I am, I am still assuming that I have 5 more weeks left. But, I do go to the dr. every week now, so that usually makes time seem to go a little faster. I just can't wait to hold this little one and see what she looks like and to finally decide on a name. I hate it that she doesn't already have a name! We named Liam and Leila pretty much as soon as we knew their gender!!!
Well, tomorrow I plan to do what I have been doing the past two weeks - taking it easy. I can only sit or stand or walk at any given time in increments of about 10 minutes, so it really limits what I can do. And I need to rest so that I will be able to do my part in the Christmas program on Sunday night. Everyone at church teases me to just hold on being pregnant until after Sunday night so I can realistically play Mary "great with child." Then they give me permission to have the baby. :-)
Well, that is all for now. I will leave you with a few recent pictures of the kids, and we will for sure keep everyone updated on the baby!

Our little carpenter
Decorating the tree
She likes to get up close and personal
What Leila's hair looks like after she wakes up


No comments: