Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas and Such

Well, here I am again. I would LOVE to say that the reason that I have not written in a week or two was because I have been busy with a new baby, but, alas, new baby is quite comfy where she is and content to stay there for a while longer. Granted, my due date is still 3 weeks away, but I have been having false labor for over a week now. And it is not the "harmless" Braxton Hicks. I am having real contractions, but they start, stop, and change in intensity so much that I know it isn't the real thing. I very much cannot wait to have this baby. Not only to see her and hold her and kiss her and cuddle her, but to not have this big old belly in my way and to be able to sleep on my back, which is most comfortable for me. Plus, I will be able to snuggle my other babies too, easier. Both the kids are very clingy and snuggly lately, and it just isn't the same giving them a side hug/snuggle. Poor Leila doesn't understand why Mommy can't hold her anymore.

But, I really don't mean to complain. Carrying a child inside you is such a miracle. I LOVE to feel the baby move and stretch, and get the hiccups. What a blessed thing to experience! But, I also am not naive as to what is close at hand, and I so want to get labor over with. Plus, I am getting tired of people looking at me as if I am a time bomb about to explode. Everyone just stares at me - at church, in the stores, everywhere! :-)

I went the dr. last week and they feel that it is definitely any time. I am 2 cm and 80% effaced, so it is really just a waiting game. I finally got my bags packed, the baby's clothes are all washed and ready to go, we have some diapers for her, so we are ready! Here we come, family of 5! Actually, in all honesty, we are sorta hoping/praying for me to have the baby early New Year's Day. Since we live in such a small town, all the local grocery stores and businesses (including Wal-mart) give out gift cards and all kinds of free stuff to the first baby born in the year. How cool is that? We have joked all this pregnancy that we were going to have the New Year's baby - and now it is truly possible. It's funny - everyone at church is mentioning it to us, too, and some even praying that way! My next appt. is on Thursday, the 31st, when they told me they will strip my membranes (sorry if I am being too explicit in this post - but hey, its all part of pregnancy and labor and stuff!) if I want them too. Uh - yes! It definitely is not the most pain free experience, but often will start labor. It did with Leila. I know sometimes it doesn't work, but it is worth a try! So that is what is going on there.

We had a nice, quiet, relaxing Christmas. On Christmas Eve we went to my in-law's house and had meat pies for supper (a Sealy family tradition - so yummy!!!!). Then, we opened gifts. The kids got some really fun new stuff and they had a great time opening the gifts. Then, we went home and put the kids to bed, then Matt finished up wrapping our gifts and I wore myself out cleaning up the kitchen (ya, something that simple wears me out!). The kids woke up the next morning, and they got to open their stockings first, then Matt made breakfast, then Matt's parents came over and the kids opened our gifts. I was feeling terrible, so I went back to bed for a few hours. The rest of the day was spent just resting and the kids playing with all their new stuff. Liam surprised me in that he played with ALL his new toys! He would play with one for a while, then switch to the next toy for a while, then switch again, and so on. I really thought he would do like most kids do - play with their favorite toy for the whole day. It was so much fun to watch them enjoy all their new things. They still have had so much fun with everything, and, so far, we have not had any fights over a new toy! Yay!

Since then we have just sorta laid low and tried to relax. We had such a busy year, it is nice to take a few days to just enjoy being with just us. Now, we are getting busy again with the new baby coming and Matt having to get all the year end stuff done for church and the new year stuff started.

So, I guess that brings you up to date on the Matthew Sealy's. Unless the baby doesn't come for a few more weeks, I probably won't post on here again until I can post pics of Baby L......... My mom will be here two weeks from today to help me out. That will be nice!

I trust you all had a great Christmas, and that you have a wonderful New Years. We look forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for our family in 2010!
Until next time... (and possibly next year!)

Trying to blow his train whistle - its kinda hard!
The "aftermath."
Sporting his new conductor's costume.
Excited about his football that's "just like Eldan's" that Grammy and Papa gave him.
Oh, is he in love with his very own Thomas backpack!
He took it to church last night with his Bible in it.
Giving her monkey a ride in her new stroller.
I think she likes it! :-)
Happy about something.
(Hey Danielle, look - TWO pictures of her smiling! Its a miracle!) :-)
She is wondering why she got Butt Paste for Christmas.
(this is the look she normally has in pictures these days!)
They LOVE Frosty's (Snowmen) and Nana has tons of them at her house!
Here is his giant Thomas stocking that one of Matt's aunts gave him.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Looks like everyone had fun fun fun!! I love the pics of Leila!! Can't believe how big she is all of a sudden! We are praying for you and Baby L and hope that she'll make her debut a little early for your sake! Oh, and you should post ONE more time before she comes and put a pic of your baby tummy up for all to see. :-)