Our new normal goes something like this: I am generally up feeding Libby when Liam and Leila are ready to get up for the day. Then I get the kids and Matt's breakfast ready. By the time they are done eating and I am finished cleaning up from breakfast, Libby is ready to eat again. So I feed her, then get everyone dressed. Then I start laundry, make beds, and do general cleaning up. Then, it is time to start lunch. I get that all ready, and once everyone is finished eating, Libby wants to eat again. So I feed her, then clean up the kitchen. Then it is nap time for Leila and quiet time for Liam. So I get them settled and then I continue laundry and such. Then it is back to feeding Libby, then the kids are up, and it is time for supper. So I get that ready, and then we eat. Then it is on to bath time. I bathe all three of them most every night. Then the kids play for a little while, I feed Libby, then it is bed time for Leila. Liam plays a little longer, then he goes to bed. It is then, usually, that I finish cleaning up from supper and then I sit down and try to relax a little. I feed Libby again at 10, then Matt, Libby and I go to bed. By that time I am usually quite tired and I think I fall asleep within about 30 seconds and am out cold until 2 or 3 a.m. when Libby is ready to eat again. Whew! Busy. busy but fun, fun! I just LOVE being a housewife and thank the Lord that I am able to be one full time.
As for all of us, we are doing pretty good. We do have a bit of a cold bug in our household, but I think everyone is getting better. Liam and Leila are adjusting well to our new life with another baby. Liam has been fine right from the beginning. He is always asking where Libby is, what she is doing. He always wants to hold her hand and give her kisses. Leila had a little bit more trouble adjusting. We had a few days of some bad tempers and attitude, but she is doing much better. Actually, today was the best day yet. She came up to me while I was holding Libby, and said, "Hi Baby!" Then she gave her a hug and kiss. (As she was giving her a hug, she was saying, "Awwww." Hehe - so cute!). She actually did this several times throughout the day, so I think she has finally decided that this baby was here to stay, so she might as well accept her and love her.
Libby is a good baby. Really only cries when she is hungry or has a gas bubble. She smiles a lot. I know it is not at anything inparticular, but she really does smile quite often. My other kids would smile some at this age, but not as much as her. (She must have a lot of gas! :) ) I tell people Libby is going to be our smiler - since she already is. Actually, people at church have noticed that she does this, too. I love to see it! She is becoming much more alert and looking all around. She is attempting to hold her head up and can for a very short time. I know she recognizes our voices - esecially Matt's. She always looks around for him when she hears his voice. She is such a sweet baby and I am SO enjoying the snuggles and cuddles I am getting. I know all too well that they grow in the blink of an eye, so I am treasuring these moments and times I have with her when she is so small. She is a lot more snuggly than the other two were, which I love.
Matt is doing pretty good. He got this cold, so he is still trying to get over that. Church is good - not too busy at the present moment, but we know it will pick up as summer gets closer. I am doing great! I feel wonderful - especially after Tuesday when I got my hair cut and highlighted! I had not had a trim or anything done to my hair since last March, so it felt so good to get it done. I feel like a new woman! I will post some pics of my hair and some updated ones of Libby maybe tomorrow. Right now it is getting late and I need to go get some sleep.
I guess that is all the update from us for now! We are supposed to get some snowstorms this weekend so we shall see. I kinda hope we do. I would love to have at least one more really good snowstorm, then I will be ready to say goodbye to winter and hello to beautiful spring. The Atlantic Canada groundhog (I don't know his "official" name) did see his shadow, so I guess we are in for a couple more weeks of winter. :-)
Anyways, I trust all is well with you, my reader - whoever you are! Have a wonderful day/night and rest of your week.
Until next time....
1 comment:
Wow, your new normal sounds super busy!! I'm sure you'll have more chances to sit down once Libby's feedings get a bit longer. Glad things are going well for you though. I always had heard that going from 2 to 3 was the "harder" one. :-) Guess it depends on the family, but you seem to be handling it very well. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment