It's Spring. I guess that means change. The weather here has been absolutely wonderful this last week - as I hear it has been in many other places as well. It is so nice to be able to go outside without several layers on! I know the kids are enjoying not having to wear as much just to go out to the car!
So, along with all this nice weather is one nasty visitor in our home - or should I say visitors - flies! Ugh! I cannot tell you how much I hate flies, and they are invading my home - most specifically they are coming on our master bedroom window. Every morning, when I get up and open the blinds, we have at least 30 in that window alone. The past several mornings I have gotten out the vacuum to suck them up so I can open my window. But it never fails. Within 15 mins there will be just as many back in the window or more. It is really annoying me. We went and bought those sticky strip things that you put in the window, and let me tell you - they definitely work, but the one in our window fills up so fast, then it is of no use cuz it is full of dead flies! Yuck! So that has been my major irritation as of late.
Some other changes that have recently happened in our home is with the kids. I already posted pics of the girl's room. Well, we finally got Leila's bed set up. Last week we went out and bought a set of bunk beds which we put in Liam's room. We had been looking for just one bed for Leila, but throughout our search, we realized that this set of bunk beds was just about $50 more than the single beds we were looking at, and with that we were getting two beds. So we decided that was the best choice for us right now. I mean, bunk beds are always handy with young kids, and Libby isn't going to be in a crib forever, and we aren't sure that we are finished having children just yet.
We put the bed Liam was using in the girl's room since the headboard matched the crib better than the bunk beds. As we were setting it up, Leila got so excited to have a bed "like Liam's" in her room. I wasn't planning on putting her in the big bed just yet, but at bedtime that's right where she headed. So I decided to just go ahead and let her move over. We took the side rails off of Liam's bed and put them on hers. And I must say she has done quite well. She fell out on day during naptime, but that is it. Well, actually last night, when I was making my nightly rounds to check on the kids before I went to bed, when I almost tripped over her coming in the door. She was sound asleep on the floor, with her toy bucket spilled on the floor beside her. So, we are not sure if she fell out or got out and was playing and just fell asleep, which Liam used to do. Neither Matt nor I remember hearing any noise that would indicate she fell out, so....
Liam loves his bunk bed. We do not have a mattress on the top yet, so we haven't had to deal with them climbing up there - yet. I know Leila will try as soon as she can, though! Libby is doing great. She are consistently sleeping 7 or more hours at night. I am going to wait until it is 10 hours, then she will move out of my room. I love having her right there, but I also don't sleep as well because I hear pretty much every noise she makes. Then we get to go through the training process of the girls sharing a room and not waking each other up. We shall see how that goes.
So, I think those are the major changes of late. We had a wonderful candlelight Lord's Supper service at church last night that was really, really great. It was so special - having it on Good Friday - and the mood was very worshipful to the Lord. We plan on doing that every year from here on out. Now, tomorrow morning, Easter morning, we have a sunrise service here at our house (we get the most beautiful sunrises here at our house since we are up on a hill), then we have breakfast at church, then a morning service. I am really looking forward to it. I love Easter and all it represents. We do not do baskets or anything like that for our children. Call us cruel, but we really want our kids to focus more on our Risen Savior than anything else. Growing up, my family never did Easter baskets, either, and that is just fine with me. But, we will probably buy some candy this week when it is all half off!
So, there you have it! A "weekly" update from the Sealys! I hope to post a few more this week. There are a couple things that I have wanted to "jot" down that the Lord has been reminding me of. Have a wonderful Resurrection Sunday.
Until next time...
Liam's bed.
Leila's bed.
A friend of ours gave us this saying for the girl's room.
View from Leila's bed.
Leila's bed. Didn't Matt do a great job of matching the painting to the comforter?
View from door.
2 comments:
I love the kid's rooms!! They're so bright and colorful! Love it! That's how it was w/ Qade too, the day we set up the "big-boy bed" he HAD to sleep in even though it wasn't our plan. We've had a doozy of a time, from time to time with the room sharing thing, but it can be done. :-) Guess it depends on how much you're willing/able to put up with. We still don't put them down at the same time though because they can't NOT play. Ha! :-) Glad to read your weekly post. :-) Happy Easter!
Liam looks like such a big boy in front of his bed and Leila looks so tiny!! Matt did do a great job on the girls room :) I'm impressed with the girly pink :) You never cease to amaze me :)
Post a Comment