Well, we finally did it. Last night Libby spent her very first night in her "big crib" in hers and Leila's room. She still isn't sleeping more than 8 hours at night, and I am getting very, very tired from lack of sleep. So Matt made an executive decision yesterday morning and told Libby he "wanted his room back" and that she was going to move out that night. Matt told me that he really wanted me to get more sleep, and he thought that if she was out of our room that I would sleep better, and so would she. I will have to admit that it made me very sad at first. With the other two kids, I had "planned ahead" when I was going to move them, so I could "work up" to it. :-)
Liam actually slept in our room in his crib until he was 7 months old, but that was out of necessity. Our apartment in Pensacola was literally 2 rooms - NOT 2 bedrooms - but just 2 rooms. So there was no where else for him to go. When we moved here to Canada he finally got his own room, and I will admit I was more than ready by then. Leila staying in our room until just after she turned 3 months, then I moved her out. She was sleeping about 11 hours at night and I was ready then too. But Libby, well, I am not really sure why I have been putting it off. Maybe it is because I don't want her and Leila to keep each other up. But, they are going to share a room, so they will have to eventually get used to having someone else in the room with them. Or, maybe it is because Libby has been waking up so much at night that it is just easier for me to just roll over in bed and reach into her playpen and pick her up without getting up. I'm lazy that way. Or, maybe it is because I now know how fast these kids grow, and somewhere in my mind I have convinced myself that as long as she is sleeping in our room it will mean that she is still my little baby girl. I know - she still is, but she is growing up too fast already. 4 months!!!! I just can't believe it!
So, anyways, when it was time to put her to bed, I fed her, snuggled a little more than usual, then placed her in her bed, and went out and shut the door. About 15 minutes later, I put Leila to bed. And they did okay. Leila did her usual singing and talking to herself that she does before she falls asleep, but it didn't seem to bother Libby.
Libby did wake up to eat around 11:30, so I fed her then put her back and didn't hear from her until around 5 a.m. But, at 2 a.m. I DID hear from Leila - she was up talking. I hurried in there to keep her from waking up Libby, and Leila was wide awake, asking if she could get down. She must have thought it was morning. Definitely not. I told her to lay back down and go to sleep, which she did do.
At 5 when I heard Libby, I went and got her, fed her, and was about to just put her in her playpen in our room (which I am keeping up - "just in case!" ;-) ), but knew that she would probably sleep in more if she was in the girls room which is considerably darker than ours. And this time of year the sun is up and shining bright by 5:30 a.m. SO I put her back in her crib and we both fell back to sleep until 8:30! So, yes it was bitter sweet. I was a little sad. But, in the end, we both go better sleep so it might just all be worth it.
Until next time...
1 comment:
Awww, I understand! Transitions are harder on Mommies than they are on kidos, I think! Sounds like it was a successful first night though! Congrats on getting more sleep! It was quite a work in progress for us to get the lads down together, but now I love it!
Post a Comment