That's always how I feel on Monday morning. That and, "What in the world happened to my clean house???" It doesn't matter how organized I am and how clean my house is on Saturday night, it always looks on Monday like Hurricane Sealy went through every nook and cranny at full force in our house! I am sure many of you can sympathise. So, anyways, my Mondays are usually spent, at least in part, trying to clean up the aftermath of Sunday. Sundays I usually feel like we are are just running around like chickens with their heads cut off (which, by the way, they DO do! Our friends here have a bunch of chickens, and they butcher them themselves and he told us that his first one he killed he let go of when he cut off the head and it ran all around! Now he holds onto them, he said! :-) ). But that is how I feel. We are scrambling around - getting not only ourselves ready, but the kids. I always have this mental checklist I go through to make sure we get everything. It goes something like this... Kids dressed - check, diaper bag stocked and in car - check, lunch cooking (If I am cooking that day!) - check. All lights turned off - check. Three kids in car - check. Computer for PowerPoint for Matt - check. And then off we go. Usually I get everything - but sometimes something is missed. Like the other day....
I have that checklist go through my mind pretty much every time we leave the house. Like especially the "Three kids in car." For some reason, I have this fear that we are going to leave a child at home - like Libby! Sometimes I get her all in her car seat, and then set her on the floor in the living room. I am always fearful that we will walk right out and drive away with her there! Don't worry, we haven't even come close to doing that, but it is still a fear of mine. Probably because I have very vivid memories of being left at church by my family on several occasions. So I guess I fear I will do the same thing one day!
So, as I was saying, sometimes I forget something. Well, the other day Matt and I had to run to the store for a couple items, and it was going to be a quick trip. So after supper we loaded up the kids and off we went. We got to the store and I jumped out of the car and went inside to get the 2 items that we needed. I had been walking through the store for about 2 minutes when a thought began to form in my head. That thought was, "Boy, my feet feel really comfortable!" Oh no! I then looked down to my beautiful, slipper-clad feet! I can't believe I wore my slippers to the store! I see people wear their pj pants and slippers to the store all the time, and I always think that it is lazy of them to not even take the time to put on real clothes and shoes! But here I am - wearing my pretty blue slippers with my jeans and t-shirt.
Well, I will say that, thankfully, my slippers don't look THAT much like slippers - but not like real shoes either. At least I still don't have the black slippers with the big ladybug head on the top or the bumblebee ones that I used to wear in my college dorm!
I started laughing - really hard at myself - as I was walking around. People must have thought I was crazy - walking around by myself and laughing hysterically. But, I thought it was just too funny. I then sped up my pace, praying that I would not see anyone I know. But, as it would happen, I saw a lady who has just recently started coming to our church as I was on my way out. Thankfully she was talking to someone else so I didn't stop and chat. We just smiled and waved at each other and I went on my way. When I got in the car, I was laughing and told Matt to look at my feet. He thought it was pretty funny, too.
And what is even more funny is that Matt TOLD the lady in our church about the "slipper incident" yesterday at church! She came up to me and said, "So I hear you like to wear slippers to the store." We both laughed, and then she told me that it was weird because the person she was talking to at the time I saw her was someone she was telling all about the pastor of the church she now goes to. She said that after she saw me she told the lady, "Oh, and there goes the pastor's wife right now!" Hopefully they didn't notice the slippers! I guess I should add "Mommy's shoes" to my mental checklist!
Today has been a pretty good day. The kids are in pretty good moods. We played outside, but it is getting really hot here, so we had to come in. Not that our house it that much cooler, but it is some. I am praying that an air conditioner will magically appear in our house one of these day! Ha! Also, I have been cleaning up around the house, as I said before.
But my favorite part of today so far has been when I got to talk to my sister! I think you all may know that she is now living on the island of Saba in the Caribbean. So, she is really far away and I really miss her. She just got back from a trip to Greece with our friend, Marlys. I hadn't talked to her in quite a long time, so it was so nice to chat! Although we had to get used to the 5 or 6 second delay that was after every time we each said something. When Amanda and I talk, we are usually being silly and making jokes and stuff, and it just isn't the same when she laughs 6 seconds after I said something! Plus we kept interrupting each other because we would start talking and not hear the other person because of the delay. Oh well. I was just so happy to talk to her for about an hour! Yay! I love and miss you, Manda! Can't wait to see all the pics you took in Greece!
Well, we are off to go for a ride in our air conditioned car. ;-) Hope the weekend was great for you and I will meet you back here in the very near future!
Until next time...
2 comments:
Send some of your hot weather over here!! I've been freezing all day!! :-) The slipper story was funny, and I got a good chuckle because I've done the same thing!! My feet ARE so much more comfy in my slippers. Ha ha! Good one! Happy recovery Monday. That's what I call em at our house, because seems like EVERYTHING needs to be done all at once.
That is so funny about your slippers! I had a good chuckle :)
Post a Comment