Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Proof Is In The... Hot Sauce??

Wouldn't you go and figure that the very day after I post on here about my wonder-working "miracle" stain remover, Fels-naptha, I have to put it to the test.  One thing I did not say in the last post was that Matt and I can sometimes make our own messes too.  I usually only spill things on my shirts when I am pregnant (you know, that whole clumsy, brain not working properly "side affect").  So it was not me that spilled yesterday - it was Matt.  I had a great desire for some hot wings, so we ordered some from Pizza Hut (really the only place in town to get them - and I don't know how to make really good ones myself).  Matt went to pick them up (since we apparently live WAY too far out of delivery range, even though we are only about 8 mins from the Pizza Hut.)  He called me on his way home and informed me that, while getting into the car, he somehow got a large spot of hot sauce on his nice polo shirt and he thought it was probably ruined.  I was greatly disappointed because the one he was wearing was one of my favorites, and it is one of his newest polo shirts.

Well, he came home and I assessed the damage.  Yup.  There it was.  A very large spot right in the front in the middle of his shirt.  I told him that I would try to "fels-naptha it" (don't you like how I turned that into a verb?).  But, when he arrived home I was currently feeding Libby, then I had to get the kids ready to eat supper, then we ate cuz I was starving, then we all were getting ready for church, and it slipped my mind for a short period of time.  But, just a few minutes before we walked out the door, I remembered it and quickly grabbed it and began to treat the stain, then left the shirt on the kitchen counter until we returned from church.

Upon returning from church, I threw a load of laundry, including the shirt, in the washer and prayed that I would not be made a liar about how great this stuff is.  And let me tell you this - I am NOT a liar!  When I was switching the load from the washer to the dryer, I surveyed the shirt - and not stain is to be found.  None whatsoever.  YES!  I tell you - I just LOVE that soap!

I did realize that I failed to mention in my last post that, I know there are lots of other stain removers out there - rub on and spray alike, but I like this one so much for several reasons.  I mentioned that it was very inexpensive - just over $1 for a 5.5 oz bar.  That to me is a great deal - much cheaper and lasts longer than the other stuff.  Plus, from what I have read, it is considered a "green" product since there aren't all those harsh chemicals in it that some stuff has.  So there are just a few more facts for you about it.  By the way, for anyone reading this that lives in Canada, I have not seen it here - at least where I live.  But you can find it in the states, I believe in the soap isle.  I think my mom just gets hers at the local grocery store.

So that's my story about that and I am sticking to it!

As for other things with our family, we are doing well,  I worked two days this week for my father-in-law.  These next few weeks are going to be a bit busier than normal as he has his bi-annual newsletter to send out in June.  So, it not only has to get typed up, but proofed, sent off to the printer, then when we get it back we have to print off address labels and put on envelopes, fold, stuff, seal, stamp and then send it off.  I believe he send off about 1,000 newsletters, so that definitely takes a bit of time.

The kids are full of energy and keeping us busy.  I am so glad to have this nice weather as we have been able to play outside alot.  That helps with the energy!  Matt is busy with church, and is encouraged by some really great visits that he has had in the last day or two.  I am busy with all my stuff.  Working on a project that maybe some day I will tell you about (Ooo... don't you love a good mystery!  :-) Fun times!

Well, that's all for tonight!  I plan on doing my first book report tomorrow if I can find the time!  Have a wonderful Friday!
Until next time...

No comments: