Hey, three posts in 2 days! I'd say I am doing pretty good at getting back on blogging more regularly! I have actually seen quite a few people commit to posting on their blog every day for the next month, year, etc. I don't think I am ready to make that type of commitment just yet, but I am trying to do better. For one reason, I love to just write my thoughts down. I have always enjoyed writing, and even though I may not be the most eloquent or creative writer, I still enjoy it. Another reason is it is a great outlet for me. I don't have a huge "following" like some of the blogs I read, but I don't care. Even if no one reads this, I still am able to get my thoughts out of my head and on "paper" (so to speak.) And the main reason I blog is to keep a family journal of sorts. I find it is easier to type it up than write it down.
Lately I have been thinking of how I can transfer all my posts to actual paper so I will have a hard copy of it all. I wasn't sure the best way to go about this. But I think I found my answer yesterday. I was reading another blog, and the lady was talking about how she just received her 2009 edition of her blog in book format in the mail. Then she gave the website where she had it done. I went and checked it out and got excited! This site makes it SO easy to put your blog into book. All you do is give the blog address, pick out the cover, and write a dedication if you want to, then it inserts everything else. It will put in your pictures and everything. You don't have to edit anything if you don't want to, but do have the option to add/subtract if you so desire. Now, this doesn't come free of charge, of course, but I think it is not too unreasonable and well worth it to have that keepsake. Then, when I think the cost of ink it would take me to print everything, I think it is probably going to be not much different.
I am most excited about the fact that it will put the pics in for you. A lot of the pictures we have on our blog from the year 2008 and first half of 2009 I no longer have anywhere else because of our computer crashing and losing everything. So it would be really nice to have those in print as well. Plus, I would have a hard copy in case anything ever did happen to blogger and all was lost. So, I am going to have a book made, I think. I am going to separate it into volumes - 2008, 2009, 2010, etc. - and do them over a period of time. That way, the book won't be huge and it will be nicely organized and all. I am just so excited that I stumbled across this find!
On to other things, I have had a pretty off day today. It is Sunday, and the kids woke up so grumpy, I contemplated not going to church. I knew it would not go well, but I went anyways. See, we all are just getting over being sick and the kids are tired from their fun week with their cousins, so they are grumpy and cranky and whinny.
Lets just say that church did NOT go so well, and I was so frustrated when we came home. It doesn't help that I am so completely tired that my patience is very short. Plus, I just seem to have alot on my mind. So, we stayed home from church tonight and all the kids are in bed and I am finally able to have a little quiet. But please don't get me wrong. I love my kids so much, and love the noise of them running around the house. But some days, the crying and fussing is a little much.
But, the Lord has sent little blessing here and there today just to remind me that he cares for me and loves me, and knows when I am having a "bad" day. For instance, when we left church this morning, we found a nice little surprise in our van. First, let me backtrack. Now that it is nicer weather, we are trying to concentrate more on the outside of the house. Yesterday, some people in our church came and tilled out the ground where our vegetable garden is going to be (look for my "Adventures in Gardening posts coming up very soon!). After they did this, Matt was talking to them, and mentioned that I had wanted to plant a blue spruce in our yard. (My grandmother used to have a blue spruce in her yard which she named "Bruce the Spruce!") Well, what did we find in our car but a small blue spruce, ready for us to plant! And, not only is it a blue spruce, but it is specifically a Colorado Blue Spruce! They even went the extra step to get a Colorado one! That was just so sweet to think of me in that way, I tell you!
Then, another little encouragement that the Lord sent me was by way of a phone call. I did not take the kids to church tonight, wanting to get them in bed. I am hopeful that they will get a good nights sleep so they will be in better moods tomorrow. Well, I was sitting here, looking around on blogs and facebook, when a lady in our church called me to let me know that she has been thinking of me a lot today, and prayed for me. She is such a sweet lady. I have mentioned her before on here, I believe. She is the one who was not able to have children, but wanted them so badly. She loves our kids, and our kids love her. She comes over every Tuesday night to help me and give me a little break while Matt is at youth group. But her call was so encouraging to me tonight.
Isn't that what is so great about our God? He knows exactly what we need, right when we need it. He knows what is on our hearts and minds, even when others don't. My heart has been so heavy lately, thinking and praying for a friend of mine from college. She was 18 weeks pregnant with her 3rd child when they found out that the baby had passed away. What a hard thing the Lord has asked this family to go through these past few days. But I have kept them much in my prayers and they have been much on my mind. I know that my "bad" day is nothing like what they are experiencing today. But all they same, the Lord has sent such encouragement to me. What a truly wonderful God we serve.
Well, I suppose that is all for now. Thanks for "listening" to me. I guess that I just needed to talk to someone!
Until next time...
2 comments:
I use my blog just to talk too. Hey can you post that link to the blog to book site? I've seen things like that but would also like to look further into it. I'd hate to loose all my ramblings about the lads especially. Ha, probably a lot of the other ramblings can go though. ;-)
Glad you had some encouragement along your "off" day. I know how that feels. You can love your kids SO much it hurts and yet still long for that peace that comes after bed time! ;-) I hear ya!
My heart has been heavy for Wendy and Chad as well. I can't imagine.... honestly can't imagine how hard that must be. I think about my little one and how we were just a week apart and how devastated I'd be to loose my baby. Even though it's been so hard for them, it's been an encouragement to me to see how they have been dealing with it with such grace. God is so obviously working through them. I just hope their hearts can heal quickly.
Enjoy your new "Bruce!" I love those trees too!! Keep blogging, I like to read your blog. I'm a faithful follower!
Thank you for your prayers Em. It certainly has not been easy but God has literally been pouring His grace out on us. He has granted a peace that is far beyond my able to explain. God is good all the time and all the time God is so good.
Post a Comment