Monday, May 17, 2010

Stuff I Like

When Matt and I first began to "talk" and get to know each other, we asked each other all sorts of questions.  He was very creative in many of the questions he asked, but sometimes he was more confusing than creative!  Anyways, one of the questions he asked me was, "So.  Do you like stuff?"  I'm pretty sure I gave him the "raised eye-brow because I think you have gone loopy' look, then asked him to repeat the question.  He repeated it, and I asked him if it was a trick question.  He said it wasn't, to not read into it.  I then asked him what "stuff" was and he just said, "You know, stuff.  Its not that hard of a question!"  Well, I am still not sure I totally get it, but he still asks it sometimes.  (By the way, my answer eventually was, "yes, I like stuff."  I mean c'mon!  Who doesn't like stuff?)

I was thinking of that the other day, then got an idea for my blog.  I read a lot of different blogs of a lot of different people.  Some are very interesting, some mildly, and others I only come across probably one time.  But I do find it interesting to see what everyone is talking about in their blogs.  But one thing I notice is that alot of them are the same.  Mine included.  They are either solely for devotional purposes (which there is nothing wrong with that - don't get me wrong), or they are all about the people's kids (again, nothin' wrong with a little bragging on your kids!), or they are all about saving money (always a good thing), or they are about crafts or recipes.  All of these I find interesting, but I wanted my blog to be a little different.  But I can't think of anything!  Haha!  But I did want to add a few new things to it, rather than it just being about me (and occasionally Matt) rambling on about our lives here in the northeast.  I already told you about the book reports that I was going to do (which the first one is coming soon!).  And now I am going to try another new "segment" called "Stuff I Like."

If you are anything like me, you rarely go to the store and just randomly buy a new product that you see without having heard anything about it.  And I don't just believe what "they" (who are they, anyway?) say on t.v about a product.  I usually go by what people I know say about something.  There is one time that I impulsively bought a product while at Wal-mart - and it turned out to be a very, very big flop.  You can read all about that here

So, I thought I would occasionally highlight some type of product that we like to use, and why.  You may enjoy this, or you may not.  But I think it might be kinda fun.  Oh, and I would love input from you all too on things you like, or don't like!  I was going to start this tonight, but to keep myself from having a super long post (which I tend to have!) I will wait until later - maybe tomorrow if I have the time!

Just some quick family news - we officially started our garden today.  It is still a little too cold for some of the things we are growing, but we were able to plan some garlic and onions (red, green, and yellow).  Again, we aren't too sure what we are doing, but have gotten a lot of advice from very competent people in our church who have had gardens for years.  I will let you know how it all goes!  Hopefully we will get some veggies out of it! :-)  We also planted my Colorado Blue Spruce on Saturday.  It is a tiny thing now but I look forward to seeing it grow.  I am going to take a picture of the kids standing next to it, and plan to each year so we can compare the growth of both the tree and the kids!  I am trying to think of a name for it.  My grandma had Bruce the Spruce.  Any suggestions from you all?

Also, Libby rolled over in the night last night.  I was up with her, getting ready to give her her pacifier when she just up and rolled onto her back and looked right at me - just as surprised as I!  She has done it several times since - mostly during her afternoon nap.  This is sort of a problem because she thinks that when she is on her back, it is playtime.  So her nap was pretty non-existent today!

Well, that's all for now!

Until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am liking your new ideas for your blog. Will be interested in reading about the books that you enjoy. About this "stuff" idea - just thought that I would mention one of my favorite things - you might have already guessed it - Fels-Naptha!!! I use it all the time. You might want to pass this great cleaning tip along...if you agree that is!!!!! MOM

Wendy said...

Sounds like some interesting topics you plan to get going on here :) I'm thrilled to see more postings by you :) Good job! Aww, let the beginning of mobility start for Libby!!