I'm back - sort of. I have been wanting to "blog" all week, but we have just been so super busy. On Saturday night we kept 5 girls at our house. They were part of a mission team from Quebec that were traveling around the Maritimes to different Native Reserves. They themselves are Cree Indians, all of whom have been saved. They now desire to travel to other reserves to reach their own people. What a blessing! They were in our morning service on Sunday, and it was a real treat to have them here. So that kept us busy through the weekend. Then, all this week I have been working like mad to get my father-in-law's semi-annual newsletter out. So far it has taken me about 20 hours, and I still have a good 2 or more hours left. I worked in the office today for 6 hours on other things. I am really loving it - but it is keeping me busy!
In addition to all that, there has been some sort of stomach virus going around, which happily settled in my kids tummys. Liam is better, and Leila is on the better end of it, so I think we are on the mend all around. Yay! This next week is looking to be just as busy. Our Little Miss Leila turns TWO next week! I can't believe it! Anyways, we are having her b-day party tomorrow night, so I am trying to clean up my house (which has been somewhat neglected these past couple days - oops!), and get everything ready for that. We don't have many kids her age to have over, so it will be mostly adults, but it will still be fun anyway. We have invited a our friends over who have a son, Sam, who is always trying to kiss her and hug her. Funny stuff! My friend, Lena, who is now making cakes professionally is making her cake ( I HATE making cakes. Just not my thing. I'm don't have the patience for it!). I am so excited about it. I will be sure to take pics of it to show you.
So that is a general update on what we have been up to. Now, I will get a little more detailed and let you know all that is "new" with each of us.
Matt - is busy with church - which is not new. But, he is also busy with our garden that is really starting to grow, and our new DOG, Luther. We are loving having our dog, which I still need to tell you about. Perhaps I will post about him next week! Matt is also itching to get out to the golf course and try out his NEW golf shoes that I got him for our anniversary. He has been needed some new ones for quite a few years, and now that I am working, we were able to get them! He is pretty excited to go golf again, and has a time set with his friend next week!
Emily - well, I have two new things. First of all, I got an awesome new camera from Matt for our anniversary. It is a Nikon D3000, and I am loving it. Haven't had too much time to play with it, but will put it to the test tomorrow night for sure! Also, I got my hairs cut yesterday. And I mean cut! It is the shortest I have had it in a very, very long time. And I love it. Unfortunately, I haven't taken a picture, and it isn't really styled right now, so I will just have to leave you in suspense until next time I post! But I LOVE IT!
Liam - is getting smarter by the day. He can write his own name quite clearly (and almost in a straight line - ha!). We are going next week to meet with the A Beka rep to order his K-4 material to start in the fall. Wow. I can't believe I am already thinking about school for him! We looked at a lot of other material and curriculum for him, but still feel that A Beka is the best, so we are excited to get it ordered!
Leila- is growing so much. As I said, she turns two next week! She is doing great in her big girl bed and sharing a room with Libby. She actually loves it that Libby is in there with her. They don't bother each other too much, either (yet!)! Leila also has been asking to "sit on the potty," so I have been putting her on whenever she asks. Nothing has "happened" yet, but that is okay. We will go "cold turkey" and start seriously training in a month or two. She asks me to sit on it several times a day, though. That's a good sign, I should say!
Libby - is growing too! She had her 4 month check-up (even though she is almost 5 months) last week, and she is 13.3 pounds and 25 1/2 inches long. So, she has grown 5 inches in just about 5 months, and gained 7 pounds (which is faster than what Leila did.) She is loving her rice cereal, and we will start other foods in a couple weeks. She still won't go more than 8 hours of sleep at a time, but oh well. She will go longer someday! She is cutting her front bottom teeth. One is almost all the way through. Poor kid - she is still really happy, but does have a few cranky, fussy times. But do you blame her?
So, that is pretty much all things new in regards to us. We are enjoying our summer so far, and are looking forward to a week and a half when we go on vacation with Andrew and Danielle! Yay!
I trust everyone is having a great week. Thanks for stopping by and come again. I promise I will post very soon. I have about 5 different posts "in my head" right now, that I am dying to get typed out!
Until next time...
2 comments:
Whoa, that really took me back when you said Leila turns two next week! Good grief the child has grown quickly! :)
Welcome to the world of Nikon! You're going to love that camera!
Post a Comment