Don't really have too much to say. And don't really feel like "talking." I'm a wee bit tired. We have been very busy. I am busy working - we are getting ready to send out the newsletter so I have been working on that quite a bit. Hopefully it will be done and ready to mail out sometime in the next week. That's the goal, at least. I am also getting ready for this Saturday. We are having a ladies lunch and Bible Study. It is sort of a kick-off for us. Ever since I have moved here, I have wanted to have a ladies' Bible Study. And the ladies have been asking if we can have one. We have not done one consistently yet for one main reason - me.
We have officially lived here for 3 years now, and in that 3 years we have had 2 babies - so I have been a little busy with either being pregnant (and sick!) or taking care of a new baby. You see - this is one thing about a small church. With Matt being the only pastor, we don't have an assistant pastor and his wife to help us with stuff. So, it has been a little hard for me to try to plan things with me having small children at home. But, I am going to seek the help of a lady who I think would love to help me plan things. Matt and I are praying that the Lord would send us some help here in the church. The church cannot afford to pay for another pastor. We are a small country church and barely make ends meet as it is. But, we are praying that the Lord would bring us perhaps a couple who are willing to serve in several areas. I can now so clearly see how easy it is for a pastor to get burnt out in just a few short years. I certainly hope that you all pray for your pastor on a consistent basis. It is such a big task being the shepherd of the flock. Our pastors need so much prayer - they carry so much on their plates. But I am planning a post in the very near future that is dedicated to some of the things I have learned since we have been here in the ministry, so I will stop right here talking about that and leave you in suspense until I get that post finished!
So anyways, this Saturday we are starting our Ladies Bible Study. We will meet once a month throughout the summer, and in the fall make it a weekly thing. I am so excited about this. For one, it will be nice for me to get together with other ladies once a week and share our burdens and struggles, and pray for one another, and study God's Word together! We are starting this week with beginning to look at the book of Esther. I have already learned so much about this great woman of God in my study.
Matt has been busy with everything. One matter of prayer - we have a man in our church who is very ill with colon and brain cancer. He is not yet 40 years old and has a 9 year old boy. He has received some radiation and chemotherapy, but nothing is really working and he is not expected to be with us much longer. He does know the Lord as his Savior. Please pray for him and his family as this is an uncertain and trying time in their lives. Matt goes to visit him and his family about 4 times a week. Pray that he will be an encouragement to them. The man's parents we believe do not know the Lord - they are catholic - and Matt is trying to be a testimony to them through all this.
Well, I need to get back to getting ready for Saturday. Please pray for me as I start this. I love sharing God's Word with others, but I do still get nervous!
Until next time...
2 comments:
I will be praying for you, friend!! I can totally relate w/ ministry struggles and blessings!! I hope your ladies Bible study goes great on Sat.!! =)
The study in Esther sounds great! It is my favorite OT book of the Bible. As I'm sure you know, ministry is one of the most time consuming professions yet the most rewarding. Do you all have any couples in mind that you would like to work with? Do you have many young couples in your church up there? We'll be praying about that for you all!
Post a Comment