Saturday, September 11, 2010

Scenic Saturday

Hello to all.  Hope today was a splendid day for you.  I can honestly say it was not for me, but instead of droning on about how frustrated the kids made me at times, I will just put up some pics of them to remind me why I love them so much! (Just kidding - it wasn't THAT bad of a day, but definitely one that I would love to have gone much differently! :-) )

He always smiles like this now.  You can just imagine him saying, "Cheese!"


She is just SO beautiful and has the best laugh!




My baby eating her first "cookie."  She looks so grown up sitting in the high chair!



Here's my man, being SO cooperative in taking a picture with me. ;-)




One big happy family all around the dinner table.  What a wonderful sight!





Before I go, I would ask you all to please pray for my great-grandmother whom we all lovingly call Mouse.  She is my mother's grandmother.  Mouse had emergency surgery last night due to a blockage in her bowels.  She came through fine, but is in a lot of pain.  She is 101 years old.  She has only just this year been moved to a full-time care home, but her health is decreasing each day.  Please pray for her salvation first and foremost.  She has heard the gospel many, many times, but as far as we know, has not accepted Christ as her Savior.  And secondly, please pray for her to be comfortable.  She says her pain is too unbearable.  My mom, dad, brother Jeremy and his wife Jenni drove 4 hours last night to go be with her. So much of me wants to be there.  So I would ask for you all to please pray.  I do not know how much longer we will have her, and more than anything we want to see her come to know the Lord.  She will be 102 on December 17.  Wow.  Can you imagine?!?  Here is a picture of her 5 years ago at my wedding (obviously - I don't dress like that all the time!)  Isn't she a beautiful woman?  I hope, hope, hope that someday I have such pretty white hair like that, instead of gray like most people have! (my grandmother has white hair like that too!)

Until next time...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You know, I didn't realize until now, but you do kind of favor your great grandma. I can see it in that picture you posted. We will be praying for her salvation!