Sunday, September 12, 2010

Well...

Its Sunday night, and I feel like "talking" although I don't have too much interesting to say.  We had a good day - somewhat.  We are going through a little "issue" with Leila, but hopefully we will be able to fix it tomorrow, otherwise we will take a little trip to the dr.  But she is okay (I just don't want to embarrass her in like 10 years when she reads this! )

Oh, speaking of which, I ordered our first "Blog book" last night.  I have wanted to do this for some time, just was waiting for a bit, but finally did it last night.  I am sure there are other websites that do this, but I went through Blog2Print.  It may be a little more that I wanted to spend, but it is worth it to me to have that as part of our family album.  I am not a scrapbooker (is that a word?), so this is pretty much all I have to go by.  There is so much that I have blogged about these past 2+ years, that I want to have it as a keepsake.  And I definitely don't trust the Internet to always have it, so I am printing them off by year.  It seems like it should be nice.  I will let you know once I have it!  They say I should get it in just about 3 weeks - we shall see!

This week should be somewhat normal for us.  Just school, work, and house stuff.  Liam is loving school, as am I.  As we go I am remembering more things that I want to do in our classroom and incentives and stuff, so I am trying to get all that done.  I can't believe I am saying this, but Liam's birthday is coming up.  He will be 4 on September 28.  Wow.  4 years!  I just can't believe it.  We are getting him his first "real" bike.  He has a tricycle, but is way too big for it now, and Leila has claimed it as her own.  Oh, and he is going to totally go berserk when he sees what my parents got him.  Let's just say it is big, has Thomas the Train on it, and you can go in and out of it.  Okay, I will tell you - it is a play hut (tent).  I am so excited for him to see it!  I know he and Leila will have loads of fun in that.  I am going to set it up down in our basement playroom.  They can play to their hearts content - they are always trying to build forts anyways!  Plus, I am going to teach them to put all their toys away inside the tent when they are done playing, so it will all be cleaned up and not spread all over creation!  Yay!

I am also excited about the cake he is going to have.  Our good friend, Lena, makes cakes professionally, so she is going to make a Thomas cake.  She made Leila's birthday cake, too, and I LOVED it!  So we have asked her to make Liam's.  I am excited to see what we can come up with.  We are both looking all around at other pictures of cakes to decide what we want to do!

So, Liam is loving school and about to have a birthday.  Leila is doing well, too.  She is a busy little girl who loves to jump, eat, and pester her big brother.  Her newest thing is to say "Ta-da" when she finds something she was looking for, or gets something I told her to go get.  For example, yesterday I was doing something with Libby, and needed the wipes, so I asked her to go get them.  She is my little helper and loves to help me, so she ran to get them, then came back and said, "Ta-da" while holding the container up in the air.  If I don't acknowledge that she said that, she will say it again, like, "Mommy, Ta-da!"  It is pretty cute.  She's doing great with the potty training - no accidents in several weeks (well, except for today - but that is due to her "issue" that we are trying to "fix."  She loves to help me do stuff, and is just now starting to get interested in hair, make-up and girlish stuff (by the way - I do NOT say girlie.  Not too nice of a word, especially when used as an adjective!!  Look it up if you don't believe me!  Hey - you learn alot of things when you have to actually read dictionaries in Advanced Grammar in college!).  Before she just would play with trains and cars and balls.  My friend, Wendy, says in her blog about how much her daughter loves "dress-up dresses" so it got me thinking I should try to find some for her. We will see.  I'm not a super girlish-girl, though.

Libby is doing great as well.  She is not yet crawling, but she rolls or scoots on her back wherever she wants to go.  And she goes fast!  She is just now able to sit up on her own (well, almost) and still has no teeth.  Maybe its just me, but it seems like it is taking FOREVER for her first tooth to come in.  I guess my other kids were early or something - I don't know.  Libby very clearly says, "Dada, Mama" and "Bubba."  (we call Liam "Bubba.").  She still is a contented baby and smiles and cuddles and is just too cute for words!  I also can't believe that she is almost 8 months old!  Where in the world does time go!?

Matt is doing well.  I want to tell you all just how much I love him (he wanted me to tell you that. :-)  But I am also telling you because I want to!)  He is a wonderful man who so kindly helps me with things, even though he is so busy with other stuff.  Like the laundry.  He folded a bunch for me that I hadn't gotten to the other day.  Awww... so nice of him!  You can tell we have been married for a while because more and more we are thinking the same exact thing at the same exact time.  We have always done this, but it is becoming even more and more frequent!  We laugh about it alot.  Our new fun thing to do is play Wheel of Fortune on his iPod touch.  I think we are pretty much even on who has won the most.   He usually beats me majorly at everything, so I think I am doing pretty well!

So, there you go.  My starting out saying I don't have much to say has turned into quite the LONG post (but that is me - little Miss Chatty!)  That makes me think of a blog post I read today by The Pioneer Woman.  Read it if you get the chance.  I thought it was good.  It is "Ten Important Things I've Learned About Blogging".  By the way, I really LOVE that blog!  I have gotten a ton of recipes from it, and she makes me laugh a lot in how she blogs.  Love it!

So, with that, I will sign off.  Hope everyone has a wonderful week, and make sure you listen to LOTS of Christmas music.  I sure will be! ;-)

Until next time...

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I have done the same thing with printing my blogs off by the year. It is so fun to go back and read them in book format and remember all those things I wrote about so long ago.
I tell you what, if there is one thing I have learned about little girls, you do NOT have to teach them to be girlish! It comes totally naturally!

Rachel said...

I like Pioneer Woman too! Her writing style just cracks me up! Always good for a laugh!!
Thanks for chatting! Glad school and potty training and life are going good!