Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Big Things Are Happening!

So, we are super busy, and I don't have much time to write.  Just thought I would update on some new things going on.

1.  Libby is officially crawling instead of rolling.  And trying to pull up on things and can stand with very little help.  Look out world, our little girl will be walking before we know it!

2.  Libby has FINALLY cut two teeth on the bottom with at least two more close at hand.  Poor thing has been super cranky, but who can blame her?

3.  I am getting back into the cell phone world!  Matt surprised me on Friday telling me that my new Blackberry (purple in color!) is on its way!  Due to a "secret" project I have been working on for months now, I was wanting/needed a cell phone.  So Matt checked it out and found out that he could add me to his plan, and end up paying LESS then we were now!  How cool is that!  He was going to just get a simple, basic phone, but also found that a Blackberry is cheaper (he has a Blackberry too.)  I am excited about this!  Woo-hoo!

4.  I just found out about an hour ago that my FAVORITE fast food place has had a grand opening in a town 45 mins from here.  Yes, you heard me - Taco Bell is now within my eating distance!!!!  He go to Fredericton often, and now when we do I will be able to dine on yummy "Mexican" food!  Double Woo-hoo! ;-)  Some of you (Wendy) may understand my deep love for that place! :-)

5.  It has been raining almost non stop for the last week.  We haven't seen the sun since I think last Wednesday!  It is cold, like in the low 40's as a high, but not quite cold enough for snow.  Can you imagine if it was?  That would have been a HUGE snowfall!

So there you go - our last week in a nutshell.  We are headed out on Friday to Athens, Maine for our weekend meetings.  Please keep us in your prayers!  I am speaking in the Sunday school, so think of me Sunday morning if you would!  Thanks!

Also, another prayer request (seem to have  a lot of those lately.)  Matt's aunt (my mother-in-law's sister) passed away early Sunday morning.  It was not unexpected - she had battled sickness and cancer for a while.  The family was all able to be by her side (which, by the way is a lot of people - my mother-in-law is one of 19 kids!).  She was a believer, but the vast majority of the family is not.  They are catholic, some very strong in the faith.  There is a bit of disagreement over how things are being handled since she wanted everything to be done baptist and not catholic (i.e. the priest did not come to do the last rights, etc.).  Matt's dad is performing the ceremony.  Matt will be going to it, as well.  Please pray as this will be an awesome opportunity for Ed to share the gospel with so much of the family.  Also, pray for Matt to have traveling safety.  He is driving there and back tomorrow - about a 2 1/2 hour drive one way.  I am staying here with the kids since we are taking them this weekend.  It would have been too much for them!

So, until next time (which probably won't be until next week....)

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Emily, I am VERY excited for you and the new grand opening of a closer Taco Bell! I just had flashbacks of all the sauce packets we used to collect hahahahaha! Fun times! Enjoy a taco for me! By the way....if you ever choose to come visit us, we have a Taco Bell just down the road, like not even 5 min. away! Very bad for me, but could be very good for us :) Am I tempting you yet? :)