Friday, December 10, 2010

Winter Wonderland

Hello from the chilly north!  It is definitely winter here.  It has snowed off and on all day every, day since Sunday.  And it is cold.  When we got up this morning, it was a whopping 1 degree F outside (right now it is 7 degrees)! Woohoo!  I don't mind it as long as I don't have to be out in it!  I just LOVE snow - and the snow has been the really pretty, fluffy snow.  Just love it.


Well, I have not been blogging as much lately for one simple reason - we need a new keyboard!  I guess my attempts at fixing it were futile and only making things worse.  So, I guess "Santa" is going to get me a new mac keyboard for Christmas.  For now, I have hooked up our old keyboard from our PC computer, but once you get used to a Mac, the PC stuff just doesn't match up.  So, I guess this will work for now.  Anyways, I just thought I give a little update on everything!

We are nearing our vacation (one week from today it starts!!!) and we are SO ready for it.  Matt needs a break, majorly.  I really wish we had someone who could be an assistant to him, to take some of the load off.  But, as of right now, there is no one and so we will just continue you on.  We have a church breakfast tomorrow (mmm.. bacon....) and then Sunday night is our Christmas program.  We will have some singing groups (we don't have a choir) and Matt is doing a little drama presentation.  I usually do one, too, but just have not had the time to get one together this year.  Then, next week we have something every night until Friday when we leave for New Hampshire.  Next Saturday us and my brother's family all fly out together to Denver for two weeks!  Woohoo!

I am feeling pretty good.  I had another test at the hospital yesterday - an ultrasound.  Now, don't get all excited.  I'm not pregnant.  I had an ultrasound of my kidneys, gallbladder, etc.  They are still trying to rule out tumors and such as to the cause of my symptoms.  Well, the good news is they found nothing.  The "bad" news is I still have no answers for my problems.  I just don't know.  But one thing I do know is that God is good, and He does things for a very specific purpose - whether we understand them or not.  You see, I told you last time about my friend Andrea who just found out she has a brain tumor.  Well, they were told yesterday it was infused so they are not able to operate on it.  So they are going to begin treatment on it January.  I do believe that God has brought her into our lives so that I could be an encouragement to her.

No, I have not had a brain tumor.  But yes, I have had a tumor, a very serious one (actually, still do...) and there is so much emotional things that go along with that which cannot be truly understood unless you have experienced it.  People can say, "I understand what you may be feeling..." but to be honest, it really doesn't help anything, doesn't make you feel that much better unless you know they mean it.  It is a whole lot easier to talk about that stuff with someone who can totally understand.  To be honest, I never really have had that.  Oh, yes, my family has been a great comfort in being there with me, loving me, helping me all they can.  But to actually talk to someone who has those same thoughts, feelings, pain, etc. is helpful too.  So I believe that I could help her in that.  My heart is breaking for her.  But I know God is in control, He is working in her life.  Please pray for her.  It is a long road ahead of her.  At this point, they do not think it is cancer, so that is good.

The kids are, well.  Hmm.  They have learned and mastered the art of whining.  I hate whining.  When they whine, I just say, "Mommy doesn't hear whining.  Talk in your normal voice and then I can hear you."  Its funny how they change their voice and talk normal right away.  Actually, it cracks me up some.  Liam is still loving school and has just begun sounding out small words like "hat, mat, bet, bat, cat, cut" etc.  you get the picture.  He will sound it out like, "m-a-ma-t-mat" then get a HUGE smile on his face.  I just sit there, mentally shaking my head thinking, "I can't believe my little boy is old enough to begin reading!!!"

Leila has suddenly become Miss Jealous.  Whenever someone is holding Libby, she get super jealous and will run and try to get that person to hold her instead of Libby.  This morning, she actually almost made me drop Libby because I was on the floor, holding Libby and Leila ran up, and basically jumped in my lap.  I don't know why this is all of a sudden, but I am trying to give Leila plenty of attention at other times so that she feels secure in that we love her just the same.  She is becoming much more independent in that she now is trying to go potty all by herself which is great, but can lead to disaster with the toilet paper and a clogged toilet!  She is still my good eater and sleeper.  She is a clown and loves to do silly things to make people laugh.

Libby is EVERYWHERE.  You blink your eyes and she is gone - in Liam's room pulling all the books off the shelves, or in the bathroom opening up the bottom drawers, etc.  She is starting to pull up on things, and will probably soon be trying to walk around holding onto the furniture.  She has a whopping 3 teeth, so I still am really mushing up her food since she can't really chew that well.  She is outgrowing all her clothes and actually weighs only 4 pounds less than Leila!  Ha!  Leila is our skinny minnie.

So, Matt is "out."  By that I mean he left, told me not to ask where he was going and that he will be back on a few hours.  I wonder what he is buying me!?! :-)  I went shopping with my mother in law yesterday and got his gifts.  We are having our Christmas with his folks tonight since we are leaving soon and we are busy from tomorrow until we leave (Ahh!  When will I have time to pack???).  So, I am off to clean the house.  I am doing something that I have not done in a while - cleaning my oven!  It really isn't that bad, just got the urge to clean it for some reason!

I hope you all have a great day, and check back tomorrow for some pics from our Christmas tonight!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I'm sure you'll enjoy all the events you'll be a part of but I hope it flies by so you can get to your vacation :) Then time can slow waaaaaaaaaaaay down for those two weeks :)