Monday, January 17, 2011

Lonely, I'm So Lonely....

Yup.  That's what I am.  Well - not really.  I have three munchkins to keep me occupied.  But I am missing a big part of me - my hubby!  He is gone for a few days to Nova Scotia to do a funeral service.  He got the call last Thursday from the funeral home.  We don't actually know this family, but Matt's parents do.  The family wanted Matt's dad to come for it, but he is in Ontario conducting meetings, so they asked Matt instead.  The funeral will be tomorrow afternoon, and then Matt will head home after that.  So, it is only one night without him.  But... I still don't like it.  Not one bit I tell ya!  I am so blessed to have him home most with me so much - we have rarely spent a night apart since we got married - so when he is gone, it is not fun.

Please pray for him as he does the funeral service tomorrow.  It is hard to do a funeral service for a man you did not know.  What we do know is that there are going to be a lot of unsaved people there, so it is a great opportunity for him to share the gospel.  Pray that it will fall on willing ears and that souls would be saved through this.

Also, please pray for him to have a safe drive home tomorrow.  We are "supposed" to get quite a bit of snow in the next couple of days, starting tomorrow.  I would really like it if the snow held off until after he was home.  Then, bring it on!  Actually, it has been very cold here lately.  I do believe that our HIGH for today was a whopping 15 degrees.  Fahrenheit.  Yup - that's cold.  But I guess it is better than in the negatives like it is elsewhere.  So I shouldn't complain.

I guess that's all I have for tonight.  Gonna entertain myself somehow for a bit before bed.  My house is super clean (thanks to a wonderful lady in our church who loves to clean!! (and loves my kids! ;-) ), so I think I will read or watch a chick flick or something.  Ya, that sounds good!

Until next time....

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Aww, that is no fun to have your hubby gone :( Mine is heading to a music conference at west coast in a few weeks and we'll be apart 4 days :( Hope the time flies by! We'll have to set up a skype chat!

Danielle Doan said...

I need to find someone who loves to clean:)

Unknown said...

No fun to be alone!! Hope you watched a good chick flick & the time flies by 'till he gets home! Praying the snow holds off too! =)