Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow, Snow, go away...

So, as I told you in the last post, we have been getting snow.  Well, not like many other places, but we have had three major storms in the past 2 weeks that have dumped a lot of snow on us.  Its pretty and all, but I will admit, we are getting a little cabin fever here.  It has been quite windy, too.  So that has made it hard to go out and play - way too cold.  So we are stuck inside a lot.  So I think that I would not argue if Spring decided to come play with us.  Nope, not at all.   But, I am trying to enjoy it while I can since I know that, probably sooner than I think, I will be complaining of the heat and wishing for the cold.  Hmm.. why are we humans never satisfied?

So, because of the snow, we have had to cancel church a few times in the past week.  It was really weird being home this last Sunday morning.  But it was a bit relaxing at the same time.  This past Monday was the first one since we came home from Christmas vacation that Matt has been able to take the FULL day off.  We didn't do anything extraordinary - just groceries and stayed home.  But still, it is nice to be all together!  Tuesday it snowed lightly all day, so we had another day at home. Daddy and the kids all went outside and built our first snowman of the year.  The snow up to now has not been good snowman (or snowball!) building snow, but yesterday, it was perfect!  So we all went outside and they built a snowman.  Libby and I were out for a little while, but she wasn't too impressed with the snow, so we came back in and watched from the front window.  It was pretty cute - she was standing with her hands on the window squealing and "talking" to Daddy and Leila and Liam who were outside.  I got some pics that I may post on here later on this week. 

Then, today, Matt and I got up and drove to St. John (about 2.5 hours), to visit Andrea in the hospital.  She is doing very well, I must say.  The only side affects she is experiencing so far is extreme tiredness.  But other than that, she is great.  Her mom is spending the week with her this week, as her husband has to stay here to go to work.  That is hard on her (the being apart from her hubby part, not the being with her mom part - haha!).  We were able to spend a little bit of time with her, which I think was nice for her.  We hope to get there at least once a week.  I know it means a lot to her, plus it gives Matt and I a nice "date" day together.  Those are few and far between with our schedules lately, so we savor it whenever we can! 

The rest of the week looks to be pretty "normal" but we all know how that can change in an instant!

So, I guess that is it for now!  Oh, and just in case anyone cared to look, I am adding a link on my list of websites that includes the one some people did for Andrea.  If you care to see pictures of her, or keep up with her status, please feel free to click on the "Pray for Andrea" link!

Until next time...

No comments: