Thursday, February 10, 2011

Conversations With My Kids...

I love the cute conversations we have with our children.  I want to remember some of said conversations when I am old and gray(or is it grey?? (which is quickly approaching :-)!!!))  So here are a few we have had lately...

With Liam:

Me - Liam, do you know how much I love you?
Liam - Yes, mommy.
Me - How much?
Liam - A lot.  And me too.
Me - You too what?
Liam - I love you a lot, too.
Me - Who else do you love a lot?
Liam - Daddy and Leila and Libby and Grampy and Nana and Grammy and Papa and Evie and Aunt  Danielle.
Me - Do you know who else loves you a lot?
Liam - Yup.  Daddy.  And Jesus and God.
Me - How did God show you how much he loves you?
Liam -  He sent Jesus down from heaven.
Me - And what did Jesus do when he came down here?
Liam - (thinking for a minute) Well, he came here, and then he went on a walk with me and said......

The conversation sorta fell apart from there, but it was still sweet!

With Leila:
Leila - (from the back of the van on the way home from church) Mommy, I don't want to go on the aldergator!
Me - What's that, Leila?
Leila - I don't want to go on the aldergator!
Me - Its called an elevator, Baby!
Leila - Oh, an alderbator.
Me - El-e-va-tor.
Leila - Eb-e-la-tor.
Daddy - El-e-VA-tor.
Leila - Al-e-BA-tor.
(this going on a few more minutes)
Me - No, sweetie.  It is an EL-e-VA-tor.  V-a-tor!
Leila - Oh.  El-e-VA-tor.
Me and Daddy - Good job, Baby girl!
Leila - Ya.  I don't want to go on the alderBAtor!
Me - *Sigh*  No, Sweetie.  We won't go on the elevator.  There isn't even an elevator here!


With Libby:
Me - (after scraping her yogurt container clean (which, by the way is one of my father's FAVORITE noises - hehe )) Look, Libby!  Your all done!
Libby - (with a huge smile on her face and doing sign language for "all done.") Aaaa-yaaa!


Ahhh... I love my kids!

No comments: