Monday, March 21, 2011

Hello!

So I woke up today determined to stop being so lazy and get stuff done that has been on my "to-do" list for about a century.  Like I have stated in a previous post, our forever-long winter has made me so disinterested in housework.  But, of late, we have had quite a few cold but beautiful days.  And today was the same.  The sun was shining so bright, and even though it was quite cold outside, it made it seem like spring was here!  So I got up, opened all the windows (the shut them all about 5 mins later because we were freezing!) and got to work.

The first thing on my list was to tackle our "storage" room in our basement.  A big part of that was to go through the kids' clothes and put them in their respective containers to store away.  So I got working on that and am quite pleased to say it is DONE!  Woohoo!  You can actually walk around in that room now.  Plus, I got the girls' room all decluttered and cleaned out.  It looks so nice.  Now, this may be a wierd thing that only I do, but when I have deep cleaned a room, and it looks so nice, I love to just go back and walk in the room and just look around.  It makes me feel like I've made such a great accomplishment - even though the rest of my house is still waiting that deep, "spring" cleaning.  Anyways, 2 rooms down, only 7 to go!  Some of the other things I need to do are:

        - Pull out the stove and fridge and clean behind there.
        - Move all the beds to vaccum under them.
        - Clean the inside and outside of all windows.

Some of those are hard for me to do unless Matt is home.  With my back, I can't do much moving of furniture.  I actually am not supposed to vaccum, and it does give me quite the aching back when I do.  Speaking of which, I am currently experiencing that aching!  But, I can't have Matt doing that all the time for me!  He has enough to worry about!

So, I am now going to sit down (my feet hurt a bit from being on them ALL day!) and fold some clothes and watch a little on the telly.  And I plan to get up tomorrow and do the same thing - try to get 2 more rooms done.  My goal is Liam's room and our room.  Basically all that needs done there is just reorgainizing of drawers and dusting and vaccuming!

That's what I have been up to here!  I dread to say this, but they are calling for SNOW tonight and tomorrow!  My friend, Deana, on Facebook said it well tonight that "Snow just doesn't seem as magical in March as it does in December."  I completely agree.  But, here's hoping we won't get any!

Storage room before

Am I really posting this publically of my terrible mess?

After LOTS of hard work!

Ahhh.... Organization!
Until next time....

3 comments:

danielle Doan said...

Please come to my house!!!!! I need you! :)

Anonymous said...

Good job - the room looks great! Remember, I can help you some when I come - if you can wait that long! :) Love you, MOM

Wendy said...

Good job Em :) Looks great! Be sure to take it easy though :)