Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kids, Kids, Kids...

So, before I got up this morning, I'm pretty sure my kids got together and made a deal with each other that they all were going to try my patience today.  And they succeeded.  Don't get me wrong- I love my kids more than I could ever say.  But they really drove me crazy today.  It probably didn't help that I had a headache and was tired all day.  But, anyways, it was a harder day but we made it through.

Poor Libby had to go and get her first set of shots today.  After much debating, researching, and prayer, Matt and I decided to postpone her vaccines until she was one year old.  So today she got her first set - poor baby!  But she did wonderful and only cried during the process.  And except for a little fussing right before bed, it did not seem to affect her much at all.  Praise the Lord!

We have been having some really good days lately with Leila (well, except for today, but we won't go there...).  She has been my little helper and has been really, really good.  She is generally attached to my hip - wherever I am, she is.  That makes it a little hard when I am going over school stuff with Liam, since she doesn't really know how to be quiet.  But she's been so sweet lately.  And yesterday made me laugh really hard.

I was getting her ready in the morning, and asked her how she wanted me to do her hair.  "Um, I want cakes in my hair."  she said without a moments hesitation.  "What?  Cakes?"  I asked.  "Yes mommy, I want cakes!"  So, I thought and tried to think of a way to seem like she had cakes in her hair.  I'm really not sure where she got that idea.  Anyways, I finally came up with putting her hair in pigtails, then braiding the pigtails, then putting them in little buns - sorta the Princess Leia look - only much cooler and cuter.  And did she ever look cute!  I should have taken a picture, but I didn't.  But she looked super cute and she was so pleased to have two "cakes" in her hair.  Haha!  It still makes me laugh!

Liam is still loving school, though I think he is getting a little bored with it.  The class isn't moving fast enough for him, I guess.  But he is loving that he can read one vowel words.  I love it too!  I can't believe my little boy is reading!

We got a lot more snow yesterday, and have more forecasted for the weekend.  I'm trying REALLY hard not to complain too much, but its hard.  I am so ready for spring.  But, I know it will be here soon enough, and then we can all be outside as much as we want to play, play, play!  I just can't wait!

So, not too exciting here.  Sorry no pictures.  I have kinda not taken too many lately.  Need to fix that!  Anyways, hope your Tuesday was a good one.  Happy March!  Wow - March already!?!

Until next time...

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I had one of those days yesterday too... but today was much better!!!

Wendy said...

You know, Josiah still hasn't had his vaccines, we just didn't have a peace about it, but now that he is older we plan to get some of them done. Some of that stuff just isn't even good for them! Hope the snow melts soon and you can enjoy the great outdoors!

danielle Doan said...

I think the kiddoes want the good weather as much as we do:0) We have had a few of those days lately...Spring is coming. I think that might cure some crabby woes:)