You see, I used to think chiropractors were a little quacky. And some of them are. But not all of them. My uncle went back to school a while back and became one, and he was the first one to start adjusting me and I was totally amazed at how it helped. And I've since become a huge believer in them. I mean, if you think about it, it really makes sense - how your spine and spinal cord really affect ALL your body. So anyways, I was seeing chiropractors pretty regularly up until we moved here.
But when I started having all my problems last year, and we finally announced it to our church so they could pray, a lady in our church came to talk to me. She has worked for this chiropractor for the past 20 years, and just knew he would want to help me. So I gave her some of my x-rays, and a brief medical history, and she talked to him. He was not taking new patients at the time, but he knew my situation, and really wanted to help me. So I have been seeing almost every two weeks since. And it is really, really, helping me. But wait, there's more!
He is a Christian himself, although I don't think we would line up totally on some things. Anyway, part of his "tithe" to God is treating pastors free of charge, and their wives half price. I cannot tell you how much of a blessing that is! I would not be able to see him so often, otherwise! But wait - there's more!
Today, as I was checking out, I asked them about possibly seeing Matt, too. You see, back a couple weeks ago when the garage door fell, it sort of fell partly on Matt. And he has been in pain ever since. This is partly due to an injury he had years ago when he worked construction. Anyways, the dr. said he would also treat Matt - free of charge - even though he is not taking any other new patients. Praise the Lord! I am SO happy about this, and SO thankful for God working this all out!
So, not only do I feel really good from getting all adjusted, but I am relieved that we are going to be able to get Matt some relief too! Woohoo!
Today we got MORE snow! Not much more than an inch - but c'mon! AND we are due to get several more inches Monday. I really don't mean to complain so much, but wow. I know that Spring is coming. I think. Maybe? I hope! It will really help to get the kids out some!
Well, I guess that is all for now. Today Leila wanted "cupcakes" in her hair, so I did that again and I remember to take a picture this time! So here is our Leila Girl with "cupcakes" in her hair! :-)
| I think she looks so much like Liam in this picture! Wow! |
Until next time.....
1 comment:
I'm so glad you all are able to get some relief. That is a sweet ministry the chiropractor has! Love Leila's "cupcakes" :)
Post a Comment