First of all, my getting up earlier in the mornings has been, uh, well, going. It is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. For some reason, 7 a.m. is hard for me to hit! So, I am now just aiming for 7:15. I know, that's "only" 15 minutes, but I am still having trouble reaching that time as it is! But, I am getting up earlier, and have been noticing a change in my life. The biggest change is that I feel like I have so much more time in my day. Although it isn't like I have hours more than I did before, I am finding that I am able to get more done and not feeling like I am always behind in things. Its more of a, "Oh, its only 11 a.m." mentality than a, "Oh! Its already 11 a.m.!" mentality. So that is nice. I am feeling a bit more realxed about it all, which is affecting how I am reacting to my kids. So, even though I am still quite tired a lot, I am feeling so much better about - well - everything!
Also, since I am up earlier, I have been getting a shower first thing every morning, which feels so wonderful! Some days I would get so caught up in my day that I would not get a chance to take one, or not until late afternoon! (Don't judge me, you have done it too!) So its great to actually get a shower and just chill for a bit first thing in the morning. I also am finding that I am more motivated to do stuff if I am up and clean and dressed! Which is definitely helping me in completing my most hated household chore - the laundry!
Another thing that has been new this past week is we got a "new" van. Well, new to us! I don't know if I mentioned on here or not, but we have been looking for a new van for 4 or 5 months now. Our other van we had for almost three years and it was working okay. But the main problem was it wasn't big enough! And no, we are not adding another baby to family so don't get all excited. Our other van was just a "regular" van - not an extended one or a grand caravan. So the back behind the back seats barely had room for a suitcase, let alone several suitcases and strollers, etc. So any time we went on a trip it was very hard to get all the things we needed in there. When we got that van we knew it would be a "hold-over" van for just a few years anyway.
Well, we have been looking and looking and looking and looking for months now, and it was to the point when I was so tired of it! But we were taking our time, and praying about it. We have our budget and are not one of those who will go for a vehicle just because it is cool and get above our heads. We are trying to decrease our debt, not add more to it. So we set the monthly payment we wanted and just waited for the right van to come along. And finally it did! I won't bore you with all the silly details of how it came about, but we got not only the van that we wanted (a Dodge Grand Caravan), but a couple years newer than we ever expected to get, and one of the two colors that we wanted. So, I now present to you our 2010 Black Dodge Grand Caravan:
She's a cute little thing and hasn't been too much work yet. She did cry a bit that first night, but Matt just reached down (yes, we set her little bed all up in our room!) and petted her and that would quiet her down. The kids are loving her and Liam is doing just fine with her (I am SO happy about that!). I still can't believe we have her - I was NEVER going to allow a cat in my house. Ha! Just goes to show you that you should not make 100% statements!
Other than those things, our life has just been the usual busyness of church. We did get about 8-10 inches of snow last Friday, but it has been pretty pleasant since (although quite windy!). So, I am starting to hope again that spring is on its way!
Matt and I are going away next Monday and Tuesday. Its not necesarily a "for fun" trip, although it will be nice for just the two of us to get away for a night. But it is for us to go to Halifax, Nova Scotia for my dr. appt. with the thorasic surgeon there. Its a good 6 hour drive, so we are leaving the day before. I'm not expecting too much to come from this visit, but we shall see! Then we just have our normal routine until the begining of May when my mom comes to visit! Woohoo! I can't wait to see her! She is actually headed out this way on Tuesday, but is staying the first couple weeks in NH with my brother and his wife. Danielle is due to have their third baby any day now. Actually, today is her due date! We are all eagerly waiting the phone call to find out if we are an uncle or an aunt again! Ha!
Guess that brings us up to date! Hope all is well out there in the world with you!
Until next time...
1 comment:
So happy for you all and the new van! It definitely has the cute factor Em ;)
Post a Comment