So that is what we have been up to this last week. Its definitely been a busy week - 6 kids all together in a small house, but we certainly are building good memories. I love to see my kids interacting with their cousins. Its funny to see Evelyn and Leila walking around playing "house" and Liam and Eldan playing "Angry Birds." (Seriously - they build a tower and then throw stuff at it to knock it all down. And if you have never played Angry Birds you SO have to try it out. I'm warning you though - its a little addicting!). I've enjoyed spending the extra time with Danielle and my mom, and of course getting to spend a little time cuddling my super cutie 4-week-old nephew, Oliver. Loving that!
I haven't seen much of my brother because he is super busy getting ready for the school play this weekend. every year Andrew directs a play for the school involving the students. I have never gotten the chance to see one of his plays (he's done this for 6 years I think...) so I am uber (look, there's me being all cool again!) excited to see his play this year. The play this year is "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer." Matt and I are having a little date night on Friday night to go to this. So excited! I know Andrew does a fantastic job at these!
I know we aren't the only ones, but it has pretty much rained non-stop for the past several weeks here. That has made it a little hard with all the kids always being in the house. But we have found ways to entertain them and get their energy out. One day last week we went to a place called "Bobo's Bounce House" (or something like that). That is so cool. Its just an indoor play place with those huge inflatable bouncing things with slides and stuff. The kids had a BLAST as did Danielle and I, although I think we were more worn out than the kids! Something funny that happened while we were there was this. I was over near the front watching Leila play on this gym thing when the guy working there started talking to me. He asked me if I was the one from Canada (you have to fill out a waiver form before your kids can play). I told him yes. Then he asked me, "So, did you get here by boat?" HAHAHAHAHA! Cracked me up, although I tried to keep a straight face. I kindly told him, "No, we just basically drive straight down I-95." It makes me laugh at what people think about Canada and stuff. Like being asked if we all live in igloos. HA!
So, that's what we have been doing! Its been nice, and I am trying to enjoy it because I know all too well that as soon as we get home we will dive right into the busy summer of speaking engagements and traveling, VBS, fellowships, etc. Summer is a fun but busy time!
Hope all is well with you and yours!
Until next time....
1 comment:
So, did you sail down to the States via the Mayflower? :) So glad you are having a great time together :)
Post a Comment