Saturday, August 6, 2011

Scenic Saturday -Mistissini, Quebec.

After downloading a ton of pictures from our camera today, I realized just how much I've missed sharing on here these last few months!  Wow!  I think this happened last time I was pregnant, too.  I just lost all interest in blogging for a while.  But when I look back now at the blog from that time, I hate it that I didn't record much of our going-ons during that time.  So I am going to try to do better from here on out - mostly for my sake!  Ha!  I look at my kids and realize just how fast they are growing up, and I don't want to miss a second of it!  And here we are, adding a fourth baby to the mix and I just feel like this roller coaster ride is going faster and faster and I want it to SLOW down a lot!

So anyways, the next few days I am going to do a series of "Scenic Saturdays" if you will and mainly put up pics of what all has been going on.  We are starting back to June when we took our trip up north to Mistissini, Quebec to a Cree village for special meetings (by the way - we leave again on Tuesday for another trip to another village for a Gospel Jamboree!  This time we are going to Waskaganish, Quebec which is about a 17 hour drive from here!  But you will hear more about that later!)  I also have some very exciting things to share (well, exciting for us at least!) of things are happening here very soon, too!

Now, without further ado - Scenic Saturday, Mistissini.
Our housing. Very nice.  This is opposite corner from the front door.

The dining room.

So nice to be able to make our own food, especially since I was still really sick.

Walked to the lake one day.  The kids loved the plane!

Touching the water because "we" were too afraid to get in it! ;-)

Loving throwing rocks in the water!

Not quite sure what Libby thought of the COLD water - haha!

She got brave and put her feet in!

Matt's dad and Libby inviting a young Cree guy to the meetings.


 I just think this is a cuite pie!

My handsome little guy!

I don't remember if I ever mentioned getting a new style of hair cut, but here is an idea of  it.

Yes, I am blogging here.  This is my "blog face."  And that was back when I could still wear regular clothes!
Love the static hair!
The boat that "ran out of gas" when Matt and Gordon went fishing -  read about it  here

The fish they caught!

I don't care - fish are just plain ugly!















1 comment:

Wendy said...

Yay, pictures!!! Always fun to see pictures up :)
ps: I think you should change your background....to Christmas something or other :D