As usual, we have had some busy days. Last week was quite busy, mostly with church things. And this week so far has been busy with house and church stuff. I am happy to report, though, that all of our new windows are now in place, although not trimmed out on the inside just yet. But tomorrow Matt plans to work alot on putting up the new siding and soon, VERY soon, it will all be done. Even without the siding on yet the house is looking great! I am so excited about it! The new windows are awesome, and we can already tell a difference with them. When the wind blows, you now feel nothing. It used to be when the wind blows you felt a strong draft - even though the windows were shut all the way! We are looking forward to some lower electric bills this winter. The last two years they were outrageous!
Because of all the renos and construction, my house has been a complete disaster zone! Sawdust, drywall dust, and dirt EVERYWHERE! But, as Matt and the other two guys would finish the window in one room and move on to the next, I would just follow behind them with the shop vac and clean to my heart's content. It really was a mess, but now it is all cleaned up and the worst of that part is over. Monday Liam skipped school because there was just too much going on. Its hard to concentrate on your ABCs when there is a ton of sawing, drilling, pounding, and talking going on all around you!
Tonight was youth group and, again, we had a great time. We don't have a ton of teens come, and all that do come besides one have to be picked up by a leader. But we still have a wonderful time with them and are getting the Word planted into their hearts. Its probably one of Matt's and my favorite times of the week. I go as often as I can, although soon I will probably have to bow out and take it a little bit easier. I do get tired by the end of the day. The three munchkins sure keep me busy all day!
Speaking of munchkins, our church is having a baby shower for a girl in our church on Friday night. This is her first baby and we are all excited for her and her hubby. Its actually a very neat story. They have been married for about 9 years, and have always wanted to have a baby. After 8 years of trying and no success, they had begun to save their money and start seeking some fertility treatments. But, before that could happen they discovered they were expecting! Love it! She is doing well and is actually only about 2 weeks left before she is due. So we are hopefully gonna have the shower for her on Friday, unless Little Guy comes sooner!
So how's the weather there? Here it is just beautiful! I looks, feels, and even smells like Fall. I. Just. Love. It. I LOVE watching the leaves change. And they are really starting to change. Just in this past week a lot more color is showing up around us. The nights are really getting chilly - down to low 40's and high 30's - and the days don't seem to make it much past 70. One day last week it was very cool all day, maybe made it to 55. It was overcast and I just couldn't resist. I lit my Autumn scented candles, turned on some Christmas music and thoroughly enjoyed the day. It was great!
Well.... I suppose that's all for now. I need to go find a snack then I will head to bed soon. I may read some. That always relaxes me at night! Anyways, have a great night and hope the rest of your week is good!
Until next time...
2 comments:
So glad for you that you will have more energy efficient windows! Lower bills are always nice :)
Finally got to catch up on your blog! So glad you are feeling better!!! It's Fallish around here too, but I'm still in that "no I don't want it to be cold" mood. The candles and Christmas music have been helping though, and today I lit our first fire, and that REALLY helped! ;)
Post a Comment