1. First of all, I know I mentioned that we had a good, yet tiring time in Waskaganish, Quebec. It always takes us a while to recover from those long trips, and this was no exception. Especially since I got sick on the trip. When we came back, my cold was gone but my silly cough hung around for the next two weeks. It was terrible. I would get into a coughing fit that would last for up to 45 minutes at times. It was ridiculous! It was to the point where I wasn't sleeping much at all, my stomach muscles and back were killing me from coughing so hard, and I had headaches from it all. So I finally went to see my dr. only to find out that it had turned into bronchitis. Thankfully she prescribed me some meds that are safe during pregnancy and I am feeling MUCHO better. Yay for antibiotics!
2. Last Tuesday we had a bridal shower for a young couple in our church. Well, actually none of us had ever met the bride-to-be until the night of the shower, but her finace' is from our church. He was in high school when we moved here, then went off to a Bible school in Ontario, met the love of his life and finally brought here back here to meet all of us! They are not getting married until June, but this may be the only time we could have a shower for her so her future mom-in-law threw her a surprise shower. The poor girl was shocked and slightly uncomfortable being the center of attention with all these people she did not know, but we had a great time. She got pretty much everything you would need for your kitchen and then some. I had been asked to share a devotional as well. I was a little nervous for this for two reasons. First, because I was still coughing up a storm and had been having trouble even talking with my voice coming and going and coughing all the time. But I prayed for the Lord to help me and He definitely did. I think I only coughed once during the whole night.
The second reason I was a little nervous was this: although I do not have a fear of speaking in front of people (something I am so thankful the Lord has blessed me with), and give devotionals often, I have never "officially" given a devo specifically on marriage to the unmarried. And since I have only been married for 6 years, I felt somewhat inadequate to do this. But I earnestly prayed about what the Lord would have me to share and remembered some of the advice that I received before I said "I do," and I think the Lord really helped me in this. I think it all made sense. And, as is usually the case when I am studying for something like this, the Lord spoke to my heart about things that I needed to work on in my own marriage.
3. My sister came to visit! As an early b-day present to her (her birthday is in October) her hubby bought her plane tickets so come back to the "mainland" and visit some of her family. She was struggling a little bit with homesickness this year, so he knew this was the perfect gift. She came her for about 5 days and it was SO nice to see her and spend time with her. My kids have always loved Aunt Manda and they really enjoyed her being here. She would have stayed a day or two longer, but good 'ole Irene changed those plans!
4. Two days after Amanda came to visit, my husband left me. Well, not for good, but he headed back north to Mistissini, Quebec again to speak at a men's conference. One of the men from the church went with him and they had a great time. I really missed Matt, but knew that it would have been weird for me to hang out with a bunch of men all weekend. Plus me and my preggo self (aw - forget about proper! :-)) would not have enjoyed staying at a camp with no electricity and running water and eating fish all the time! Matt has been getting more and more requests to speak at camps, conferences, and in chapels and such. He only allows a few times a year for this, since his main ministry is our church (obviously!). He really has been given the gift of teaching and God is using him greatly in many people's lives, my own included. I love my man and I love to hear him speak!
5. We survived"Hurricane" Irene. Actually, it didn't really hit us that much and was downgraded to barely a tropical storm by the time it got to Canada. We got LOTS of rain and some strong winds, but nothing too scary. After being through several major hurricanes (we were down in Florida for Katrina as well as several others), this storm was nothing (well, at least up here). The storm did go straight towards Quebec, though, and Matt did end up driving home RIGHT through it. He said it was really windy at times and he had to struggle to keep the van on the roud sometimes, but praise the Lord they made it home safely.
6. I am able to no longer take my meds for my "morning" sickness, and am feeling a bit better, but still struggle some days. I had a dr. appt. yesterday and everything is looking good. I am about 19 weeks (we think!) and the heart rate is sounding just great - average 153. Next Wednesday is my main ultrasound where we will hopefully find out the gender of the baby. My gut is really telling me one way, so we will see if I am right. The ultrasound will also help us finally nail down exactly how far along I am. I usually know pretty much to the day how far along my pregnancy is, and this time I am not quite certain and it is driving me nuts. Since I tend to have my babies right on time, I really want to know exact dates if possible!
I am already to that uncomfortable stage, though. My back is bothering me a lot and sleep is getting a bit more rare. I am slowly adding more pillows to my collection (poor Matt is running out of room! We need a king size bed during this time!) and am up for a "potty run" several times a night. But I am going to keep a positive attitude (or TRY to) as I know that this will be my last pregnancy. I want to enjoy the feelings and experience. As always, I love feeling the baby move, which is getting stronger by the day. Its not quite strong enough for Matt to feel it, but I am sure it will be soon. Of all my pregnancies, this baby definitely is the most active. Hmmmm... what does that mean for the future!
If it is a boy, we have a definite name picked out. If it is a girl, we are still wavering. We are taking suggestions and will let you name our baby for a small price! Ha!
7. Liam started school this past Monday. I can't believe my little boy is in kindergarten! He is loving it and keeps telling people, "I'm in K5 even though I still 4. But I'm not in K4 anymore." He is loving his new teacher and enjoying school just as he did last year. His birthday is on just a couple of weeks and he wants a dinosaur party. I'll see how I can pull that one off!
8. Leila has shown a little interest in Liam's school, so I am having her watch Bible class with Liam, as well as his Skills Development class, then I do a little bit of schooling with her on my own. I'm teaching her some simple things like holding a pencil properly, connecting the dots, tracing, as well as recognizing numbers and letters and colors and shapes (she doesn't know all this just yet). She is really excited to be doing school too and it is helping me keep her occupied while Liam is in school. I am having a little more trouble with Libby this time around. She doesn't like to play by herself very well (typical 3rd child! :-) ) It will definitely get interesting in January when Baby "L" comes into the mix! Super multitasking - here I come!
9. Libby is now our "rock" climber. Just a few weeks ago she learned how to climb things. So she does. She climbs on tables, chairs, beds, boxes - basically anything climbable! The other kids never did this too much, so I am having to keep an eye on little Miss Libby! The other day I heard her in Liam's room kinda crying out, so I went to check on her and she was stuck halfway up Liam's bunk bed ladder! It was kinda funny and cute, but she was definitely stuck - couldn't go up or down and was holding on for dear life! We definitely have to watch her closely now!
10. And finally, the work on our house is coming - slowly but surely. The roof is all on, all the siding on the garage is off, the garage windows and doors are replaced, and the siding is partly back on the back side of the garage. I love having a hubby who can do all this himself, but it is slower going since he can only do it in his free time. But I am so excited cuz it is looking great! All the rest of the windows should be replaced next week! Yay! I've decided to not post pics until the house is all done, then I will do the wonderful before/after reveals for dramatic effect. So you are just going to have to wait! Sorry!
Well, I guess that's about up to speed for us as of now! Have a great day!
Until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment