Monday, October 24, 2011

So, last week we had revival services with Evangelist Ben Schettler and his wife.  We knew them from college so it was great to catch up with them and just fellowship with another ministry couple.  The services went great and they were received well by our church.  The attendance was much better each night then we expected!  Praise the Lord.  My kids did so well and we were all able to go every night (Wed-Sat, and then the normal services Sunday) which totally surprised me.  They were tired but very well behaved and I couldn't have been more pleased.  We ended the week exhausted but truly refreshed spiritually.

But it seems to me that whenever you have a "spiritual high" if you will, that the attack of the Enemy can come strong.  And I believe it has.  These past 6 days have been some of the hardest our family has had in I don't know how long.  It feels like we have been slapped in the face with not one but several very hard circumstances.  And its hurting.  I believe the Enemy is doing his best to get us discouraged, depressed, upset, and stressed.  And I have to say that, at times, we have fallen and felt those exact things.

I won't get into any details now, but I just ask that you would pray for Matt, myself, our kids, and family.  We are just going through some very hard times and we are crying out to God for strength, courage, patience, wisdom, and REST.  We are all completely exhausted - emotionally and physically.  But God has promised us that He will help us along the way when we fall, falter, or feel we cannot go on.

There have been times when I have been literally crying out to God about how I can't handle this.  But I know that He will not give me more than I can bear, and He is here helping us.

I know, I know.  I usually HATE it when people are really vague and give "unspoken" prayer requests and such, but right now there are things that I just can't or don't want to share.  But we do need prayer.  Lately I haven't felt like blogging, or even talking to people because I usually can't do it without crying (pregnancy hormones are NOT helping me in this matter!).  But I know that some of you who read this will pray for us, and so I decided to ask you all to do so.  I also know that we all have our trials that we are asked to go through, and that we are not the only ones feeling attacked.

Anyways, I guess that explains my absence lately in blogging.  Lord willing some situations will be resolved and these trials will pass soon, and we can move on to the next things God has for us! :-)  Thanks for "listening!"

Until next time...

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry, Emily. I just read this, and my heart is burdened for you. I will be keeping your family in pray and hope that the blessing will come soon.

Wendy said...

So this is why you have been on my heart. Been praying all along!! Keep encouraged!!