Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Update!

Hello!  Its Tuesday night, and we have had a good day.  We got up and were out of the house shortly after 8, dropped the kids off at their grandparents, and Matt and I drove the 45 mins to the hospital in another town for my dr. appt with the OB.  I wasn't really nervous - just anxious to find out what was up.  I am one of those people who wants to be told all the facts, to be told like it is - no beating around the bush.  I just what to know what I am facing.  So I was anxious to see the doc and see my baby on the ultrasound again. 

After registering, we headed up to the 3rd floor to see the dr.  After waiting a little while in the waiting room, we went in and got all set up for the ultrasound.  We went over my past medical history (a task I always hate since mine is a bit extensive!) and my past pregnancies.  The docs and nurses are always surprised when we tell them that I am 3 for 3 for going into labor naturally ON my due date.  I guess that is quite rare.  I always tell them that I have always been a little different than average!  Ha! 

Anyways, she started the ultrasound and we got to "see" our baby.  The dr. did all kinds of measurements at first.  And praise the Lord, everything is measuring pretty much to the day of how far along I am (which is 25 weeks, by the way!).  She had a resident nurse in with her, so she spent a lot of time explaining and pointing out stuff, which was fun for us.  Its always so neat to see the heart beating, the baby moving all around.  And this dr. said, just as all the others have said, that we have an active one.  I already knew that.  I have said it several times that this baby kicks and flips way more than I ever remember the other three doing.  But I love it.  And knowing this is my last pregnancy, I am trying to soak in every minute of it.

So, after the measuring, she asked if we wanted to know the gender.  We did, and we now have no doubt that we are having a..............hmmm.  I think I will keep you in suspense a little longer.  Hehe!

Next she went to check out the placenta and the blood vessels which was the whole reason for this visit.  They were concerned that I had placenta previa, which is where the placenta is covering either part, or all of the cervix, making a normal delivery impossible.  But what they were more concerned with a condition called vesa previa, which is a very dangerous condition, even life threatening to the baby, and even mother.

After just a few minutes of checking, she finished up and told us two wonderful words, "You're good!"  What a relief!  I asked her, "So, the placenta is not in the way?"  "No, its several cm away - not a problem."  Then I asked, "So, what about the blood vessels?"  "There are no vessels in the way."  Everything is just as it should be and she sees no reason why I won't be able to have a normal delivery, just as before (barring anything happening later on, of course).

I can't tell you how relieved we felt!  What an answer to prayer!  I don't even need to be on bed rest or any restrictions!  Praise the Lord!  Music to our ears!  So now we are just going about the rest of this pregnancy as we normally would.

*Note - I made a mistake in my last post - which I FULLY blame on my pregnancy brain (I use that excuse a lot these days!).  I said my baby was due in December, but my due date, is, in fact, January 24.  Sorry for the confusion! ;-)

I am 6 months preggo, and starting to feel it for sure!  I am getting to the point where sleep is less and less due to discomfort and making many trips to the potty (haha - can you tell I am a mommy to toddlers - "potty!").  My back is hurting me quite a bit, but that is common from now until the end when I am pregnant.  The baby looks perfect - weighing around 1 lb. 9oz.

I can say that I think I have sort of been "holding my breath" so-to-speak up until now.  I was a little afraid to get too excited about having this baby because of what could be wrong.  But after today, its like I let out my breath and now I am REALLY excited to meet my 4th little baby.  We both are so excited that after leaving the dr, we went to a store and bought the first two new sleepers for Baby.  Of course, we have clothes that I have stored away, but we still always like to get a few new outfits for the baby that are just for them - especially their "going home from the hospital" outfit. 

I still keep telling myself that I have 4 children - 4!  If you would have told me 7 years ago, on October 30 when Matt proposed to me, that in 7 years I would be 3 months away from having my 4th child, I would have never believed you.  But we feel so blessed and thank the Lord every day for His goodness to us.

So that is the update on me and Baby!  And, lest a riot break out, I suppose I will now reveal the gender.  We are adding to our family of 1 boy and 2 girls a...................................................................................


GIRL!


Yup!  Another baby girl!  Matt's already dreading the thought of them dating and having to give away 3 girls to 3 dudes who will one day think they love our daughters like we do! :-)  But really, we are thrilled, as are the kids.  We can't wait to meet our baby girl come the end of January.

Oh, and as far as the name goes - nope.  Not gonna tell.  For two reasons: 1 - we never reveal the name until they are born, and 2 - we still aren't sure! :-)  Suggestions are being taken and we are selling the right to name her at a low price of $1.7million.  Haha!

Thank you to all of you who have prayed.  Please continue to pray for us as I do get tried pretty easy (I have 3 kids - ages 5,3,and 1 for crying out loud!) and some days just have no energy.  But it is all worth it!

The rest of our week looks to be pretty busy as we are starting revival meetings tomorrow night through Sunday.  Our speaker is actually a friend from college, Evangelist Ben Schettler.  He and his wife, Mackenzie, are coming and we are excited to not only see them again, but have some great revival meetings!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yay for good results!! God is good! I'm excited now for the big name reveal of baby "L" I assume. ;)

Glad all is well for you!! I will be keeping you and your energy and aches and pains in my prayers. I know it's all worth it in the end, but there can be difficult days.