I also think it is funny that the drs. and nurses always tell me how they just can't believe that I have never had a baby early - since I am such a "tiny person." I tell you this not to brag or anything like that. But it makes my heart so thankful to hear things like that, since growing up I was told many times that they were not sure how or even if my body could handle a pregnancy. I remember when Matt and were dating and things were getting more serious telling him the possibility that I would not be able to bear children. Thankfully that didn't scare him away and God has been so very good and blessed us beyond what we could have dreamed. So now I am just trying to enjoy these last few weeks of being pregnant and savoring each punch and kick I feel (which is still a ton - we definitely have a squirmy wormy with this one!).
Monday night we dropped the girls off at Matt's parents' house to spend the night. We had to get up very early Tuesday morning and drive an hour to a hospital where Liam was have a surgical procedure done. It is nothing to worry about, but just something that needed to be taken care of to help with some issues he had been having. So we got up bright and early (well, actually it wasn't bright - it was still quite dark! ha!) and left our house at 6 a.m. and drove to the hospital. We got Liam admitted and ready for surgery and then had to wait for his turn. We were just in a small room in the Day Surgery area. Liam spent the time trading off and on with Daddy playing Angry Birds, and I attempted to enjoy the quite time and read, but instead fell sound asleep in my chair! But then, I can pretty much fall asleep these days on demand at any given moment! I am always so sleepy!
After about an hour and a half, the nurse came in to get Liam and I just have to say what a brave little boy we have. We both gave him a big kiss, told him we loved him and would be waiting right there for him. He then left with the nurse, walking down the hall with his little bum flashing everyone he passed. It was kinda cute! Anyways, the procedure only took not even half an hour, and then he went to recovery and within an hour they brought him back to us. He looked good and was devouring a Popsicle. Poor guy - it was then just before 11 a.m. and he hadn't been able to eat since supper the night before! The nurse then brought him in some toast and he basically just swallowed that whole!
We had to wait around for a bit longer to be sure he was okay, and then we rushed off to eat some lunch before my dr. appt with the high risk OB at 1 p.m. This was just a follow-up exam to make sure that we were all still on track for me to have a natural delivery. So we got to see our little Baby "L........" again. This was Liam's first time seeing an ultrasound in person, and the look on his face was absolutely priceless. He was smiling so big and kept gasping and asking, "What is that? Is that her foot?" And the dr. would tell him what we were looking at. As always, it is so amazing to see your baby like that. We saw her sweet foot, and heart beating away, and even saw she already has some "chubby on her cheeks" as the dr. put it. We saw her eyes and could even see some eyelashes and a bit of fuzz on her head. She was, as usual, moving around like crazy so it was hard to get a profile shot. But it was great to see her again and watching Liam's face was just as fun to watch. Its so exciting to think that the next time we see her she will be in our arms! Although they can't be totally sure, according to the measurements and such they estimate she is already almost 6 pounds! Whew! And I'm to the point now where really all that's going on with her is her lungs developing and she is putting on the weight. So, it looks like we may have another good sized baby - especially for me being such a "tiny person." Haha! (Liam was 8 lbs, Leila was 7.10 and Libby was 8.6).
Wednesday we had yet another appt, except this was to the chiropractor fo Matt and I. It is always so nice to be adjusted and it really makes a HUGE difference in your overall health and how you feel physically. If you don't believe me, I would LOVE to try to convince you! Anyways, Matt and I were able to go to that without the kids, and we also picked up the last few things for Christmas - the stocking stuffers! We are now all set for Christmas.
So, while getting these last few things, we went to a store in Houlton, ME called Mardens. I know I have talked about this store before. It is basically a place where stuff that is either slightly damaged, overstock, or older models of stuff is sent to be sold. And you can really find some great deals. There is everything from clothing and shoes for the whole family to bedding and bath stuff to small appliances. They have furniture, mattresses, carpeting, flooring, hardware, and even books. The stock is constantly changing, so even if you went there you would find something new every single time. And you quickly learn that if you see something you want - get it right then. NEVER "think about it and come back" because you are almost guaranteed that it will be gone.
So we were just walking through there when we came across the furniture section. We saw some really cute toddler beds set up so we just looked at them. Now, in the past I have always said I thought they were sort of a waste of money. We always just went straight from the crib to the twin bed with no problems. Well, since we have been getting ready for baby #4 to come, we have been trying to figure out the bed situation. Now, at first she will be in with us in her little bassinet things. But after that I wasn't sure what we were going to do. We do have a set of bunk beds that my parents are giving us, but that is in Colorado and we don't know when that will be brought here (its kind of a long drive, you know!) So, we looked at the beds and there was one cute one that was the exact style and color of our crib and changing table. So we thought about it for a few minutes and discussed getting it. There wasn't a price on it so we had to ask. The guy wasn't sure, but found out and even took $20 off the price for us. So, after going back and forth for quite a little while, we decided that, since it was a really, really good price, we would get it. It would not only give us some time to figure everything else out for the other kids, but it also would make some room since the kid's rooms are feeling a bit crowded. And honestly, what we paid for it is actually what I would ask for in a yard sale myself, so I know we can make our money back in a couple years.
Well, let me tell you - Libby LOVES this bed! It is really cute to watch her in it and any time you ask her about the bed, she will run to her room to look at it! Tomorrow I will try to take a picture so you can see it. So, there's another thing I can add to my "Things I Said I Would Never Do But Have Done" list!
So today, since we have been so busy, I have done not much of anything. Except be with my family and sleep. Matt and Liam went out on a "mystery errand" this morning, resulting in a new present under the tree. :-) Liam's good at keeping secrets cuz all he will tell me is that it is a "Christmas surprise for Mommy." Today the weather was a "wintry mix" meaning it started out snowing half the day then turned to rain. That makes for bad road conditions, so we just hung out at home the rest of the day and it has been wonderful! Tomorrow we will be home most of the day until supper when we are going to some friends' house.
And that's this week! We are all excitedly counting down the days until Christmas. But actually, another very important thing happens first. A certain Somebody has a birthday on Sunday! And he reminds us about every 25 minutes or so. Lest you be confused, that "Somebody" is none other than Daddy himself!
Until next time...
2 comments:
We went the toddler bed route simply to save money! Just when we needed a twin bed the Lord provided that extra $$ to get one! It was good chatting with you! Get some rest!
The Daddy in this house has a birthday this week, and you'd think it was the biggest event in the year the way it keeps getting hyped! ;) Glad all the doc visits went smoothly! Have a wonderful Christmas!!
Post a Comment