Last Friday my dad and sis-in-law, Danielle, and her three kids came up for the week. So we had 7 children 5 and under and 5 adults in our house for the week, It was lots of fun! Crowded, but fun! This morning they all (including my mom :-( ) left and we are now down to our family of 6! So today is my first day back "on duty" and starting to figure out our schedule and the new normal. I know it will take a bit to figure everything out and such, but it will get worked out and I am loving my 4 kiddos!
Another reason that I have not posted anything is because in these 3 weeks since Lexi was born, a lot has happened. First of all, the whole deal with Lexi's birth was nothing like we expected (although is it ever???). And don't worry! Now that it is a bit less hectic, I WILL get her birth story on here asap! :-)
But then, just a little over a week after she was born, my grandfather (mom's dad) passed away. Losing a loved one is always very hard, but this seems a bit harder as we are not certain of his spiritual status. He was always very against God and the bible. But we are not able to see the heart, and our hope is in the Lord and that he made a decision in his heart before he left this world.
In addition to all of that, we have been battling sickness as well. Nothing major, just typical winter colds. Liam and Leila both were coughing and had runny noses, and Matt has been dealing with sinus pressure and chills and a cough. Finally on Tuesday we took both the kids in to be sure it was just a cold, and Leila had an ear infection. So we started her on antibiotics and she seemed to be doing some better. But then Tuesday night, while Matt was at youth group, she woke up, screaming and crying almost hysterically. I couldn't get her calmed down for several minutes. She was crying and shaking and kept grabbing her ear - the one with the infection. I kept telling her to stop crying so she could tell me what was wrong. Then, I went to tuck her hair behind her ear and that's when I saw lots of blood running out of it and down her neck!
It scared me and I just said, "Oh my goodness!" Thankfully my mom was here and she came into the kitchen where I was. She saw the problem and told me it was okay, that probably Leila's ear drum had burst. It helped keep me calm. I would have been freaking out if I was home alone! Then Matt walked in the door, saw what was going on, and we headed to the ER to be sure everything was okay. The dr. confirmed that part of the ear drum did break and that this is the natural course of an ear infection. He compared it to a boil when it pops (gross, I know!). He said that the infection caused the break, and that right before it burst there would be a lot of pressure causing a lot of pain. Poor baby! So when she was screaming and crying it was just because she was in lots of pain right before it broke! But, as soon as it did and the dr. just gave her some Tylenol, she perked up and was back to her normal self! Glad I know all this now in case it ever happens again!
So the kids are getting better, Matt is still battling the cold, and I am feeling it come on today. I have a very sore throat and am sneezing a lot and have building sinus pressure. But its all good and we will get through this. On Monday I have to go to St. John (about 2 hours from here) for my yearly MRI on my back. I am very much NOT looking forward to this, but it is just something that I need to do to keep an eye on things. MRIs are very hard on my back and very uncomfortable, so I dread them. I literally would rather give birth than have one. I guess I just did that, though! Ha! Anyways, that is on schedule for Monday. Please pray for me if you think about it. I am not expecting them to find anything as this is just a routine exam.
Anyways, that's what's happening here in our household. Hope all is well in yours!
Until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment