Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Random Facts

It did not snow today.  The sun was shining.  That was nice.

Went grocery shopping today.  While getting the kids in the car, I tripped and fell flat on the ground - with Leila in my arms (I was getting her out of the cart) - on my "bad" hip that had been bothering me since Lexi was  born but was just starting to feel better.  Leila has scrapes on arms and legs, and my hip no longer feels better.  Actually, my whole left side hurts.  And I felt like a complete dufus for tripping on my own feet.  And Leila won't stop talking about it.  A great lesson for my pride.

Speaking of lessons, I have learned one recently from dear Leila.  If you are sitting in a kid-sized chair and your mommy tells you to go do something, but you don't want your sister or brother to sit in said chair - just carry it around the house with you.  Problem solved.

Due to my lack of sleep in the past, oh, 5 years, I rarely wear my contacts anymore.  My eyes are often too tired to put the contacts in my eyes.  But last week I decided to start wearing them again since I can see so much better with them.  People who know me now look at me strange.  Should I be concerned?

I'm tired of the paint color in our living room.  I think we are gonna re-paint soon.

I am currently involved in 4 different Words with Friends games.  And I am losing in all of them.  If you play that game and are really bad at it, please start a game with me.  I need a self esteem booster.

I am now making my own granola bars for the kids.  Store bought are just too expensive and too much junk in them.  My kids didn't like them at first, but I told them too bad, I wasn't buying anymore from the store.  They like them now.

I made chocolate chip cookies the other day.  I made a few then froze the rest of the dough.  And now I find myself eating frozen cookie dough.  Have you tried that?  Very good.

I enjoy looking around on Pinterest, although I would not say I am addicted to it.  I can go for days without looking at it or pinning anything.  But when I do get on it, I suddenly find myself wanting to cook 16 new meals, refinish old furniture, change my wardrobe and re-organize everything in sight.  Then I get overwhelmed with all I want done and lose my desire to get anything done at all.

Speaking of Pinterest, I finally, just last week, "got" the name.  I always thought it was a strange name, then it dawned on  me while having a conversation with Teresa.  It is a place where you Pin your Interests.  Pin + Interest = Pinterest.  Yes, I do still have my blonde moments.

While doing some bookeeping for my at home job today I decided one thing - I don't ever, ever want to be an accountant full time.  Ever.

I am craving a really good, spicy Mexican meal that I didn't have to cook myself.

I have started to read the Hunger Games.  I started four days ago.  And I am on page 12.  Can you tell I don't have much time to read?

I don't think I told you yet, but I got an iPad 2 for my birthday.  I love it with a capital LOVE!  So cool.  It is now my bookshelf, my cookbooks, my phone (Skype and Facetime) and my computer.  Love it.  Except autocorrect.  That is annoying.  So if you see some strange spelling, grammar or wording on here, you can most likely assume it is because I was typing on the iPad.

We taught Teresa how to play Angry Birds and Cut the Rope while she was here.  If the amount of time she spent playing them is any indication - she liked them.

I got a code for a free Shutterfly photo book a few weeks ago.  I have made several in the past.  I always make on for my kids once they turn 2.  I had yet to make one for Libby, and since this was a free one, I made hers.  It came in the mail today and the binding is all messed up.  Great.  Now I am sending it back and wanting it re-printed and something else for my trouble.  Do you think I will get it?

I am going to get a sign to carry around with me everywhere we go that says the following: "Yes, they are all ours.  No, those two are not twins.  They are all about 2 years apart.  5, 3, 2 and 12 weeks.  Yes, he is in K5 and we home school.  Yes, we are very busy.  Yes, we think they are beautiful too."  That will then eliminate the need to answer the same exact questions every 5 minutes to people we see.

I am not a huge candy lover, but I do enjoy some sweet now and then.  I love Starburst jelly beans with my favorite being the red ones.  I heard rumors that they made bags of just the red ones this year.  I searched high and low here to find them and could not find even one bag of Starburst jelly beans, let alone the red ones.  Maybe it was all a cruel joke and they don't exist.

I couldn't sleep last night so I laid there thinking of things I could write in this blog post.  But now I can't remember any of them.

And that's a fact.

Until next time....

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the fun read! =)

Anonymous said...

Oh Emily, this really made me laugh! Thanks! But what about that fall? Did that happen after I spoke with you earlier today??? You did not mention it. I am so sorry about it and so sorry about your hip. Maybe a visit to the chiropractor can help. Mom

amoetspes said...

I enjoyed this post. Honest. Fun. Sounds a lot like what goes on in my head all the time, and I only have one child!