So, since that didn't work out, I thought I would post something encouraging. Today was our Friend and Family Day at church. We had a missionary of ours speak in the morning service, followed by a delicious potluck! Matt spoke in Sunday school about "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." (Joshua 24:15) In his lesson he quoted the following poem. Some may have heard if before, but if you hadn't, please read it. It speaks for itself:
When you thought I wasn't looking
Author: Unknown
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator,
and I wanted to paint another one.
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you feed a stray cat,
and I thought it was good to be kind to animals.
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you make my favorite cake for me,
and I knew that little things are special things.
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I heard you say a prayer,
and I believed that there was a God to talk to.
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I felt you kiss me goodnight,
and I felt loved.
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw tears come from your eyes,
and I learned that sometimes things hurt,
but it's alright to cry.
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw that you cared,
and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I looked....
and I wanted to say thanks for all the things
I saw when you thought I wasn't looking.
I saw you feed a stray cat,
and I thought it was good to be kind to animals.
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you make my favorite cake for me,
and I knew that little things are special things.
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I heard you say a prayer,
and I believed that there was a God to talk to.
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I felt you kiss me goodnight,
and I felt loved.
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw tears come from your eyes,
and I learned that sometimes things hurt,
but it's alright to cry.
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw that you cared,
and I wanted to be everything that I could be.
When you thought I wasn't looking,
I looked....
and I wanted to say thanks for all the things
I saw when you thought I wasn't looking.
Last night, we had a gospel concert at our church. Matt's dad is an evangelist, but he is also a singer/songwriter. He has put out 8 CDs, the 8th having just come out this year. This concert was his kick-off concert to launch the new CD. So he sang and we also had the High Meadow Quartet come sing. The are from not too far from here in Maine. It was a great night and we really enjoyed concert. We had a great turnout and the gospel was clearly shared. The following is one of the songs they sang, and I think it is going to become a favorite on my list. So I thought I would share it with you all! Enjoy!
Somewhat along the same lines, I have another favorite song that I probably listen to several times each week. I don't think I have shared it on here before, but if I have, oops! Its about marriage. And the video brings tears to my eyes most every time!
Hopefully the poem and songs have encouraged you this Sunday night. Trust you had a great day - we certainly did!
Until next time....
1 comment:
I've written blog posts before that have never been published. Sometimes it helps me to just get my thoughts out, and that's all I need to do. I don't have to publish it for all the world to see. :) Sweet poem! Hope you are all doing well, and your weather is warming up!
Post a Comment