Saturday, May 12, 2012

Random Facts 2

I'm wearing s sweatshirt today.  Cuz I'm cold.  I hear its almost the middle of May, but I don't believe it.

We had a pie fellowship at church last night.  There were prizes for Best Looking, Best Tasting, and Most Unique.  Matt won the Best Looking with his Three Berry Pie.  Here's why:



I made a Hot Fudge Pie. I did not win. One lady made a comment to me, "That pie is deceiving.  For something that looks not very exciting it tastes really good." Um, thanks?

I love tacos.  I love tacos with homemade tortillas.  I made some the other day.  They were delicious.  Trust me.

Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I heard Lexi cry out all of a sudden from her crib.  I went to check on her and she was on her back (I put her to sleep in her tummy), wailing her arms with a terrified look on her face.  Apparently she is now capable of rolling from front to back.  And scaring herself.

Along those lines, I keep a calendar of each of my kids "firsts" throughout their first year.  Since Lexi's rolling over "incident" happened in the night, do I record it as being on the 11th or the 12th?  How much does it really matter?

I've always thought of myself as pretty good with vocabulary.  But lately I am finding myself stumped as I am asked to define words and phrases such as "almost," "just about," "it doesn't matter," "I don't know," and other things we say everyday, yet children don't always know what they mean.

This morning Liam got up out of bed, walked down the hall without saying anything to me.  I asked him where he was going (we all weren't out of bed yet) and he said, "It doesn't matter."  Hmmmm.... I don't think I've done a good job of defining that one.  Ooops.

Lately I've been so irritated with some things on Facebook that I have considered quitting it.  Then I realized I wouldn't know what the weather was like, if people were having bad days, or when it was Friday that I think I have to stick with it.

Tomorrow is mother's day.  I am so blessed and thankful to be a mother.  I love my kids.

Libby is the main one who keeps me on my toes.  The other day I caught her rinsing her toothbrush off in the toilet water.  Again.  Just today she decided that my nice white cabinets needed some more color and we now have white cabinets with blue, neon yellow and pink scribbles on it.  That will match nicely with the black marker on the wall in the living room.

We got a package in the mail yesterday containing a free can of formula plus some other samples and coupons.  Apparently I had "ordered" or signed up for this.  Don't get me wrong.  I am thankful for the  blessing, but I have no recollection of doing signing up for this.  Makes me wonder what else I may have "ordered" and will be coming in the mail.

I got new sheets for our bed for Mother's Day.  They are purple.  This excites me greatly as I really needed new sheets and these are the first "girlish" color I have had since we got married.  After I got them, I immediately took them out and washed them.  As I was putting them on my bed, Leila came in to help me.  She walked up, smelled them, and said, "Oh, these smell puuur-fect!"

The last couple of nights I have been randomly having dreams involving people we went to college with.  Maybe I miss them?

I mess up on my kids names so much that I am now gonna refer to them as: our first child, our second child, our third child, and the baby.

I am really, really looking forward to taking a little vacation in a week.

Happy Saturday!

Until next time.......

5 comments:

Emily Olmstead said...

I totally get the Facebook thing. There is a cute video put out about the random things that people post that bug us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJhH5EgpkPU&feature=g-all-u

It's a cute, random and stupid video serious done by some christians. You don't have to watch it if you don't want to! :)

I think you should put Lexi's thing as the next day because it was night-time :) I'm glad she can roll now though. That's so cute! :)

God Bless!

Rachel said...

I've been having those same thoughts about Facebook. Hopefully it's not me who is irritating you, ha! :) I've had the urge, more than once lately, to just delete the whole thing.... but then I'm all alone out here and where on earth would I be without cyber-friends?? ;)

Wendy said...

Come visit out here, we definitely know it's May :-)

Anonymous said...

I wish I'd have recorded all the firsts... after so many kids I have trouble remembering who did what, when.

We had tacos tonight with homemade pita bread. It was more filling than regular tortillas, but a bit more work.

And the explaining common phrases? Been there. Timothy, for the longest time, kept asking "What mean that, mommy?" Not sure I quite got the hang of explaining "just about", "pretty near", or "in awhile"...

And the artwork? Unless you're particularly attached to it, magic erasers work amazingly well. I should buy stock in that company.

At least you don't have to share Libby's toothbrush... lol

~jen o

Anonymous said...

I wish I'd have recorded all the firsts... after so many kids I have trouble remembering who did what, when.

We had tacos tonight with homemade pita bread. It was more filling than regular tortillas, but a bit more work.

And the explaining common phrases? Been there. Timothy, for the longest time, kept asking "What mean that, mommy?" Not sure I quite got the hang of explaining "just about", "pretty near", or "in awhile"...

And the artwork? Unless you're particularly attached to it, magic erasers work amazingly well. I should buy stock in that company.

At least you don't have to share Libby's toothbrush... lol

~jen o