Monday, May 28, 2012

Vacation

So, a few weeks ago, Matt and I were talking about how it would be nice to get away for a bit.  We looked at out schedule and found that last week was the perfect week to get away.  So we made our plans and off we went to New Hampshire to my brother's house.  I don't think we realized how much we needed that vacation until we were there!  Here's a few highlights of the week:

We drove there on Friday, getting there Friday night.  Andrew and Danielle were not home at the time because they were at the school play they put on each year.  For those of you who may not know, my brother works at a Christian school and is in charge of the drama production each year.  And this is no small "play." Its put on at a small community theater with scene changes and all.  It is put on for three nights - Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Last year they did Tom Sawyer.  And this year they did Cyrano de Bergerac.  To put it plainly - It. Was. Awesome.  There were 5 different scenes, fabulous costumes, sword fighting, sound effects, cool sets - the whole kit and caboodle.  The students did a great job and I was just SO proud of my brother.  So anyway, they were there when we got there.

Saturday Matt and Andrew went out golfing and Danielle and I hung out at home with the kids.  That night, Matt and I were able to go to the play while my sister, Amanda, and her husband watched all 7 kids.  We joked that our kids would be good birth control for the now - 7 ages 6 and under - all at once!  Ha!  Matt and I really enjoyed our date night out and really enjoyed the play.

Sunday was sort of a lazy day at home for all of us.  The kids played, the adults talked.  It was great.  Sunday night Amanda and Andrew had all of us over to their new apartment for supper.  We ate yummy tacos then all headed back to Andrew and Danielle's to get the kids in bed.  On the way home we stopped by Bruster's to get some ice cream (kids got free cones!  Woohoo!).

Monday night Danielle, Amanda, and myself went out for s girl's night which was great!

The rest of the time was spent with playing, shopping, and lots of talking and laughing.  Danielle and I were able to do some projects that we both have seen on Pintrest and have wanted to try.  That was a lot of fun!  Matt went golfing 2 other times, which he loved, of course!

Wednesday, the night before we left, Danielle and I got the kids in bed then went to Target for some shopping.  I LOVE Target, and go there as many times as I can whenever I am near one!  It was supposed to be a quick trip, but somehow we ended up at Chili's eating chips and queso and talking.  But it was great.  We rarely get the opportunity to just talk uninterrupted like that, so we soaked it all in.  And to top it all off, we ended up getting the chips, salsa, and queso for free!  So we only had to pay a tip!  Cool!

Thursday mid-morning we packed up and left for home.  We stopped in Bangor, about 2 hours from here, to meet up with some friends from college.  This couple were the ones that we hung out with all the time when we lived in Florida.  We hadn't seen them in almost 4 years!  They recently moved back up to Maine, and we were finally able to meet up.  We had supper at -you guessed it - Chili's.  They have a 2 year old son who is just too cute!  It was great to catch up.  And even though we had not seen them in 4 years, it felt like it had only been a few weeks.  There's a sign of good friends!

We got home about 9:30 at night, tired but refreshed.  This trip was just what we needed to get our second wind and prepare for the busy summer season.  We aren't going to get an opportunity to go anywhere for quite some time, so I am very thankful that we took the time now!

In our absence, a few things did happen in among our church people.  We had a lady pass away from cancer, and a baby was born!  So since we came back it was like we "hit the ground running," but that's okay.

Friday I was unpacking (my least favorite thing to do!) when I got this terrible urge to rearrange our living room.  So I did.  It took much of the day because I did some major changes, but it felt so good to get it done and I LOVE how it all looks now!  Why didn't I think of putting it this way sooner!

So that's what's been happening here!  Tomorrow begins a BIG day in this household.  Potty training!  Yup!  Our Libby is saying bye-bye to diapers and hello to being a big girl!  I planned to start in June, but we decided to start now since I want to get it over with she's running out of diapers and we don't want to buy more.  She's been saying for the past week or more that she "needs to go potty" and then running to the bathroom, so I think she's ready.  Liam and Leila we SO EASY to train, I'm a little afraid she will be our hard one.  Either way, tonight is her last night in diapers!  We go cold turkey - no pull-ups or anything - so I plan to have a bunch of laundry here in the next couple of days.  but its so worth it, in my opinion!

Anyways, hope all of you "in America" had a great Memorial Day!

Until next time...

No comments: