Thursday, June 28, 2012

Random Facts Thursday

Its been raining for about 5 days straight here.  And by raining I mean torrential downpours 95% of the time.  I wish there was some way I could blow the rain to Colorado to help with the fires.

Tuesday was my baby girl's 4th birthday.  I can't believe Leila is 4 years old already.  We had a little party with Matt's parents Monday night, then on Friday Matt, myself, Liam and Leila went to Fredricton and spent the whole day together.  We went to lunch, then took the kids to see their first movie in a theater.  Matt and I had more fun watchting them experience it.  I loved it!  The only downfall was that because it was half-price Tuesday, and school is out, and it was in the middle of the day, the place was packed.  So we had to sit on the front row.  I think I still have a crick in my neck!

We got Leila a bike for her b-day.  She seems pretty excited to look at it. And, if she's brave, sit on it. :-)  Because of the rain we have yet to take it outside.  BUT, Liam has been riding it all around the house.  So yes, now he knows how to ride a bike.  Hopefully Leila will learn before the end of the summer.

Lexi has had a terrible cough since last week.  Its not croup, nor whooping cough (thank goodness - there has been some major outbreaks of that around here.)  Just a really loose cough that makes her gag and choke.  So, needless to say, I haven't gotten a whole lot of sleep lately.  But, when she isn't coughing, she sleeps all night long which is fabulous!

I think I told you about my fitness challenge.  Well, with birthdays, get-togethers, and anniversaries, I haven't done so well with the no sugar thing.  But I am working out.  I have a yoga dvd that I do with light weights.  I am loving it and can tell that it is helping my hips stretch and it feels great!

I got my hairs cut last week.  I love it!  My hair is a lot shorter and I got really blonde highlights in it.  Now I feel a little less frumpy!  Woohoo!

Because of all the rain, our house has had high humidity levels.  Like for the last few days its been 85% humidity!  Kinda reminds me of being in Florida.  Only in Florida, that's outside the house, not inside! :-)

I am busy getting ready for our yard sale that we are having on Saturday.  I love yard sales.  Don't really know why.  I think they are fun.  And its nice to get rid of stuff and make a little money in the process!

I am so glad to say that Libby is for sure potty trained.  Its so wonderful not having to worry about changing her diaper!  SO proud of how well she has done!  Although she has figured out it is a great excuse to prolong bedtime, so we are working on that!

Speaking of bedtime, we are having trouble with that.  It has never been an issue in our house.  Our kids have always known that when they go to bed, they need to stay there and go to sleep.  But the last few months have not been so great.  Its mostly because of Libby.  She gets out of bed and runs around the room, jumps all around, and gets Leila to follow (Libby is our leader, by the way...).  So starting tonight we are trying having Leila sleep on the bottom bunk in Liam's room.  And Libby is all by herself.  And now Libby is fast asleep and Leila and Liam are up talking.  Sigh.  Maybe someday I will have a 4 bedroom house and it will all be a little smoother.  Doesn't really seem fair right now to have Libby all by herself and the other three crammed in one room.

I just realized how that last paragraph sounded.  I want to say that I am so very thankful for the home that God has blessed us with.  It is a beautiful three bedroom bungalow with fully finished basement.  So I don't want to sound ungrateful at all.

I suppose that is all the "randomness" I can come up with right now.  So that's all folks!

Until next time....

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Our kids have had that same cough.... it's getting better thankfully but it does sound bad.

We'll take some of that rain too! We have been in a drought for quite some time now, it's only rained 1 day so far this year! If you find a way to pack it up and ship it, let me know :)