Thursday we went to our chiropractor and it was at just the right time. I needed an adjustment badly. It was at this appointment that we found that my lower lumbar curve has changed for the better by about 16 degrees. If you know anything about me and how curved my back is, then you know that is GREAT news! Praise the Lord for not only a chiropractor nearby who isn't afraid to "work on" me, but a Christian one who sees pastors for free and their wives for half price! What a blessing!
I'm not very good at surprising Matt with gifts. But I got him this year for Father's day. I was able to get him a brand new golf bag for a good price. He has wanted/needed one for a while. His old one was starting to fall apart. So I surprised him and it was fun to watch him put all his clubs in and be so excited about it! But, since I am the awesome wife that I am, I was able to surprise him even more with concert tickets to our favorite southern gospel group that is coming this Saturday to a town 10 mins from us. We get to go see Legacy Five in concert and we are so excited! He wanted to go but didn't think it would work out. I'm so glad I got to surprise him with that, too!
I was going to keep both gifts a surprise until today, but our kids just don't know how to keep a secret (how many kids do?). When Matt came home on Saturday they were all smiley and Leila said, "I want to tell you something..." but then just grinned at him and stopped talking. Matt asked Liam what he had been doing that day and Liam responded with, "I can't tell ya." Anyways, I knew they wouldn't make it much longer so we gave Daddy the golf bag on Saturday.
It is just about three weeks now since we started potty training Libby and I'd say she is pretty much there. She still needs our help to actually get on the toilet, but other than that, we are trained! She has not had an accident in almost 2 weeks! Yay for Libby! She took the "longest" so far of our kids to get it - about 7 days. Liam was 5 days and Leila was 2. And I'm not exaggerating. I am so thankful we have had such success! My kids are awesome!
Our weather is BEAUTIFUL lately. We spend as much time outside as we possibly can. Its great! Loving it! Just wish we had a swimming pool to enjoy, but oh well!
I'm thinking of starting a new series on here titled, "Things I've Tried from Pinterest." There's lots of stuff I have done and still lots more I am planning on doing! Its so fun to find neat stuff to do with things you may have around the house. I've been in the mood to paint something lately, so I may have to find a project to do that involves that.
We've been watching a lot of the USGA Open here. That's a golf tournament in case you didn't know. And I am actually sorta enjoying it. Shhh..... don't tell Matt.
Leila informed me a few days ago that when she grows up, she wants to be a princess. I'd say that's a very attainable goal. Plus, she'd be able to take care of Matt and I in our old age without any financial strain so I think its great.
Liam wants to be a fireman. This is a change from his previous claims of wanting to be a garbage man.
Libby just like to cause mass destruction everywhere she goes. And eat everything she sees. Even if it is dirt.
Lexi has slept from about 9:30p.m. until around 6 a.m. four nights in a row. I am so excited! Its great when they start sleeping so much! Only thing is, my body is remembering what sleep is like, so now I am sleepy all the time.
My "fitness challenge" thingy that I am a part of went pretty good the first week and not so great last week. Here's to making this week the best - no sugar, lots of water and fruits and veggies!
I'm getting my hairs cut this week. Pretty excited. Haven't had anything done to my hair since beginning of December so its in need of a little TLC. I'm chopping it short again. Its not terribly long now but it is driving me bonkers! Although I am very thankful I have hair....
I have now lost all inspiration for this post and am boring even myself, so I'm gonna go now.
Until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment