Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Feelin Good!

Well......went back to see my dr.yesterday.  All is looking good, I got a new "sling" which is really more like a strap around my waist, and got my stitches out.  After two weeks of not moving my arm at all, I was finally able to straighten it out and "unbend" my arm.  Oh. My. Goodness.  It felt sooooooo good to do that, yet hurt at the same time.   It's amazing how quickly your muscles start reacting to not being used!  Anyway, I am in this new contraption for the next four weeks when I will see him again and then will begin physical therapy.  I can already tell that's gonna hurt a bit, too!  So it is really nice to be able to straighten out my arm.  But I still can't move my arm away from my body at all.  That would be very, very bad!

But, even more exciting was I am now able to take showers!  Glory hallelujah!  Best feeling ever!  To celebrate I pulled out my "Christmas smelling" shower gel, from B&BW.  Its called Winter Candy Apple and I love it and only use it in fall and winter.  I know, I'm weird!

So that's what's up here.  We take my mom down to Maine tomorrow to meet up with my brother.   It's been so nice having her here and we are gonna miss her a bunch.  I still need lots of help, so we have people lined up to come help me out during the day.  I'm getting better, but there is still a lot I cannot do with just one hand.  Like pick up my baby.  I miss that!

There's much going on with other areas in our lives which I will write on soon.  For now, we are gonna enjoy our last day with Grammy here!

Until next time!

No comments: