So, we are going to Colorado for five fast and furious days, then we come back and are going to get started on church building projects, beginning with painting the interior of our auditorium. Our church is a rustic, country church that has not been updated in a while, and has been in desperate need of a paint job for several years now. We have been raising the money, and now have enough to paint, which I am so excited about. Right now, it is just a flat white color, but everyone voted on several choices and the new color is a golden beige"ish" color. I think it will make a huge difference and really warm the place up. I love to take "before and after" photos, so I will try to do that to show you all.
That will take a week or more to get all done, and then it is off to camp for us. Matt is speaking at a camp just about 40 mins from here. Before we got married, Matt and I decided that he was never going to travel and speak by himself, leaving us at home, so we are all going. I love this. I think it is important for families to do things together. Not only is it good for our children to be exposed to all different aspects of ministry and serving Christ, but I also think it is good for the campers and staff to see the speaker with his family and how they relate to each other. Not that we are anything special by far, just helps people to realize that we are normal people and not "super Christians" like many people tend to think of pastors, missionaries, etc.
Then we have a couple weeks off of just normal stuff with church, youth, etc., then it is VBS time. Then, it is off to another camp to speak, the same one Matt spoke at last summer a few weeks after I had Leila. Then, school starts up again and we are back to the fall program! Wow. Time just flies by these days!
Last week, Matt and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. Since money doesn't grow on trees up here, I didn't expect too much. The day before, we had to go back to the plastic surgeon to get the results of the lab work, and to have my stitches taken out. On the way there, Matt gave me a card, and in it he told me that we were having a night away! Unbeknownst to me, he had packed a bag of all my essentials, and we didn't come back until lunch the next day! How sweet!
The dr. appt went well. Everything is fine - the lumps are just lipomas which is just a fatty tissue mass, nothing to worry about. I was so glad he got out the stiches because it was itching like CRAZY! Then we went off to a nice restaurant and stayed in a very nice hotel - the nicest one we have stayed in since our honeymoon. It was a very nice surprise and a great time to just be together.
The kids are doing well. Liam keeps us laughing with all the cute things he says. He likes to say, "Mommy, I don't need that." When he doesn't want something I gave him for lunch. We are still in the "terrible twos" but he seems to be getting a little better with his attitude. He still has his moments, but overall it is not AS frustrating as it was a few months ago.
Leila is more busy than ever. She stands on her own - for a minute or more at a time - without wobbling at all. We are trying to help her walk, but she gets scared and immediately sits down when we let go of her hands. Its funny cuz we know she can do it, she just doesn't have faith in herself. She is talking a bit more. She says, "Mama. Dada. Cracker (ca-ker), Baba (brother), Clap (cap), Hi." She loves goldfish crackers. We have decided she is a major mooch. Anytime Matt or I have a snack or are eating anything, she immediately comes right over to you and just stares at us with her huge blue eyes and "begs" for a bite. It is really cute.
I guess that is all for now. Have a wonderful day everyone!
1 comment:
Hope you have a great time in Colorado, whirl wind trip though it be. :-) I'm so happy for Amanda! Sounds like your summer is packed, and before you know it we'll be looking at snow again. ;-) Camp is going well for us. The boys have done very well at adapting. Qade is also deeply entrenched in his "terrible two's" but learning little steps in obedience day by day. Lets hope mom doesn't wear out before the twos do. ;-)
Post a Comment