We have been living in our "new" house for about 7 months now. I just love it. It is so nice to have a nice big yard, and lots of storage space for all of our stuff. It seemed so huge when we moved in, but somehow we are starting to fill it up. Funny how that happens. We have also really been making it our own. I love how we have redecorated. We have so much fun picking out what we want, prioritizing what should be done first, and then saving the money for it. Then, once we have enough money, getting to do the project. There is something so fulfilling in working on something to make it your own. I don't care if people don't like what we have done. Some may say it is too dark, or too many different colors. We love everything that we have done. And we still have much more to do. Yay!
As people come and go through our house, we hear many, many comments (mostly good! :-) ) about what we have done, what the house is like, etc. But the most popular comment we get is in regards to the view we have outside our back door. We have a view of the valley. We see the most beautiful sunrises. We see gorgeous sunsets. When it is all snowy, it is just beautiful.
Fall was so colorful. And on days like today, I feel all cozy in my home as I look out and see the fog and rain that is settled in on the valley below. I love to look out my kitchen window when I am at the sink (which I sorta have to stand on my tip-toes to get a good look! Hehe!), and see the beautiful view we have all around us. I love where we live. I love our house. And I love the views we have. But there is one view that I think is the most beautiful of all. I was eating lunch the other day, and when I looked up, I saw that beautiful view. This is what I saw -
This is what I love to look at. That is the most beautiful
awesome, gorgeous view I have ever seen. These kids make me smile when I look at them (especially these particular pictures!) And I thank the Lord every day that I get to look at each one of them. I certainly don't deserve to be so blessed, but sure am not taking it for granted. I love where God has me in my life. I love my family. I love my kids so much - I can't even find words to express the joy and love that fills my heart when I look at them. So there. That, to me, is the most beautiful view ever. And I don't have to go anywhere to see it. I don't have to climb some mountain, or hike some trail, or travel across the globe to find it. It is right here in front of me. And I get to look at it every single day.
Until next time....
5 comments:
Leila looks like Evelyn in those shades! Evie usually puts hers on upside down though!!!!
First of all, is Libby starting to chunk out? Those cheeks of hers look like she is :) Second of all those are some gorgeous views! Thirdly, have you heard the song "My Front Porch Looking In?" It can be a bit....rowdy....but boy do I love the message of it! Your post reminded me of it :) I love when we get comments from people as they walk in our door and say, "It is feels like home in here!" You all have done a great job with the renovations. The colors look great, although I'm still trying to figure out why you took down that floral wallpaper.....
Wendy, yes, Libby is getting to be quite the chunk. We just have to laugh at her cute double chin and huge cheeks! So different from Leila who was such a skinny minnie!
Oh, and the wallpaper - I saved some of it if you want to have it for your new house... ;-)
Wow, that was SO very thoughtful of you. I'll have to get back to on that though.....
I love your view also....just wish I could "view" it more often! Love, MOM
Post a Comment