She has been moved to hospice care today, and now their main priority is to just be sure she is comfortable and in as little pain as possible. Last night, my brother, Jeremy, and his family all drove the 4 hours again to go see her. My parents and other brother, Kip, and his family went there today. Matt and I were up very late last night talking on Skype with my brother, Andrew, trying to decide whether Andrew and I should fly out there today to be with them. After much thought and such, we decided it best for us to not go. My heart wanted to go, but my head was saying not to.
The main reason I wanted to go was really to just be there for my mom. Mouse is her grandmother and has been a major part of my mom's life. Mouse has always been involved in my mom's life - always living just around the corner, being a part of all the major events in her life, etc. - so it is very hard for my mom to imagine Mouse not being in her life. So I wanted to be there to help comfort my mom. But, as we were making the decision, I was informed of a surprise that apparently has been in the making for some time. My mom is scheduled to fly out here and spend a week or more with me beginning this Thursday! I was totally shocked because I had no idea this was being planned. Matt bought my mom a ticket a while ago so she could come help me to have a little break because of some health issues I am having. I am not wanting to go into all that right now, but you can just pray for me and my health. She will also be here for Liam's birthday!
Anyways, my mom is coming here, and they told me about it thinking it might help me make my decision. And it did. I want to be there for my mom, but since she is coming here in just a couple of days, and my dad, brothers, and sis-in-laws are there with her, I thought it best to not go. I was able to "talk" with Mouse today via Skype. She does not really respond much except through facial changes, but I still was able to tell her how much I love her, how I am praying for her. I am so thankful for being able to do that. I know that she heard me.
So, please pray for our family as we will probably not have her very much longer. We still have no concrete evidence of her making a decision for Christ, but we are just clinging to hope in the Lord that she has/will make that decision. It still is not too late. The thief on the cross was at the very end of his life when he was saved. The same can be with Mouse. It is at a time like this that I am reminded of several things:
1. I am SO blessed to have a loving, caring family who shares my faith. We don't always agree on everything, we don't always get along, but when we need each other we are there for each other to hold each other up. I must never take that for granted.
2. I am SO incredibly thankful that I have the Lord to turn to when I am troubled, worried, anxious, and scared. We see from my mom's family the hopelessness of not having the Lord, and am so very comforted by our great, powerful, understanding God. If any of my family is reading this that does not know the Lord, I encourage you to remember what you have heard many times about how much God loves you, and how He died for you. It is only through His love and mercy that we are able to go through each day, each trial and still have joy and peace in our hearts.
Well, that is the latest. I will continue to update so those of you who are praying will know what is going on. Thank you for caring. It really is so comforting to know that we have people bringing our family before the throne of God above.
Until next time...
2 comments:
Hey Em, sorry to hear that you're not feeling so swell. I know having your mom there will be a HUGE help! Praying for all of your family as you go through this time with Mouse. God knows the state of her heart! Take care and keep us all posted!
Praying for you all!
Post a Comment