Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Life...

As I mentioned before, we have a crazy several weeks before we head out for Christmas.  And we started it all off with Liam having a fever on Sunday.  This did not take us by surprise for two reasons.  One, being the fact that it seems EVERY time we go to New Hampshire, we come back sick.  I am not sure why, but that is how it works with us.  And second, Eldan (my nephew) had a fever the last day we were there.  So when Liam was very whiny and crying at church on Sunday, and I felt him and realized he was burning up, I was not surprised.  Thankfully it is just a short, 24 hour thing - and only a fever.  I stayed home with all the kids on Sunday night and Liam was better by Monday morning.

Monday was our usual stuff - banking, groceries, family time.  Then today came and I was busy all morning working for my father-in-law.  I think that you all know that I have a "work-from-home" job.  I do  office work for my father-in-law who is an evangelist.  His ministry is Furtherance Ministries and the website can be found here.  Anyways, its that time of the year again where we are getting out his semi-annual newsletter that goes out to just over 1,000 people.  In addition to that, there is a lot of year end stuff that needs to be done.  So, all that will keep me busy over the next few weeks (not that I don't have other stuff to do - ha!).

Our weather is cold here.  It snowed quite a bit last week, and I think that we have seen the last of the dry ground for a while.  The temp doesn't get much above freezing at the highest.  I love the snow.  it is just so beautiful to look out at!  And since we are surrounded by fields, it stays nice a smooth and pretty for a very long time.  Last Monday when it first snowed, Matt took the kids out to play in it.  Leila stayed out for a grand total of 8 mins, but Liam lasted a lot longer.  We have a nice, gradual hill in our backyard that is perfect for sliding, which is exactly what Liam and Matt did.  And they both loved it!

Little Miss Libby is getting into everything.  She is so fast, crawling all around.  She is by far our fastest little crawler yet.  You set her down and she is gone.  She has discovered her knew favorite things to do - pull all the dvd's off the shelf in the living room, and pulling all the books off the shelf in Liam's bedroom.  Hmmm.... not really mommy's favorite thing.  So she is quickly learning the word "no."  She is started to sleep better at night - doesn't usually wake up until 5 or so.  I think she is going to be my early riser.  I put all the kids to bed between 7:30 and 8 p.m. Liam is up at almost exactly 7:20 every morning, and Leila is up close to 9 a.m. (if she isn't awakened by her siblings).  But Libby seems to be a morning bird.  I guess that is good.  It would be good for me to be up at 6, right?  (Yes, I admit it - I am NOT up at 6 every morning - and I don't feel guilty about it either - so there!) :-)

Matt, of course, is busy with church stuff.  There is all the regular stuff, the Christmas stuff, and we have quite a few people battling some major health issues as well.  So he is on the run all the time.  And he decided to quite coffee last week, so he is having a hard time with that!  Hmmm... maybe not the best timing to be going through coffee withdrawal!

Speaking of health things - I am feeling quite well.  My strange symptoms have almost disappeared.  But, I still have other testing next week, and am waiting to hear this week what the results of my MRI are.  So, nothing really new on that subject.

Well, I am going to go.  out keyboard is driving me nuts.  Lets just say that somebody spilled something a while back on it, then somebody tried to clean it, and now it is working worse than before.  Uh-oh.  I wonder how much a new keyboard costs?  Stink.  Anyone know how to clean the white aluminum keyboard for a Mac?   Anyways, have a great day!

 
These pictures I took on our way home on Saturday.  I love seeing the snow on the evergreen trees!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Danielle Doan said...

I think a new one costs 4o dollars. We almost had to replace ours but Andrew went online and found a way to fix it. Google it and see what you come up with first:)