This morning Matt was up and left to go meet some ladies to decorate our church for Christmas (pictures to come next week...), and I got up, got Liam started on school and got to it with my cleaning. You may recall from some pictures I posted in the past that our computer desk is in the corner of the dining room. We have space for it elsewhere, but we as a couple have made a commitment to always have the computer in an open, public area. This is not because I don't trust Matt, or vice versa, it is because I don't trust the internet and it just takes away all temptation. Anyways, that was for free! So, the best place for it right now is where it is - but I have been wanting to change it up a bit lately. So I did. I will take a picture and post tomorrow on my Scenic Saturday. It isn't drastically different, just a little better positioned and Matt and I both like it alot. So I got that done and de-junked a bunch of stuff, as well as mopped all the floors. Don't you just love a freshly mopped floor? I certainly do. I even called my mom on Skype just so she could see how shiny they were! :-)
Because of all that, I was on my feet all morning, and boy are they sore. Which brings me to another new thing in my life. You all know I have many, many back problems. I still have not heard the results from my MRI. But I have also been seeking the help of a chiropractor that lives just across the border in Houlton, Maine. His secretary of 20 years goes to our church and "got us in' to him. He is so busy that he is not taking new patients, but has taken me on. He is a Christian, though not necessarily quite along the same beliefs as we are, and uses his practice as part of his giving back to the Lord. He sees pastors for free, and only charges their family for half price. What a blessing! Anyway, I had my second appointment with him yesterday. It is through him that I am finding out some things about my spine that I never knew before. I found out that in my lower spine, near the tailbone, I only have 4 bones when you are supposed to five. Apparently, when i was young, things did not grow correctly so 2 bones fused together. He said that this is actually a common thing, and if detected early enough, it can be fixed through chiropractic. But, unfortunately that is not the case with me. So, alot of my curving of my upper spine is to compensate for this.
Also, because of this, my pelvis is sort of crooked, or turned to the side. because of this, my right leg appears to be longer than the left. Actually, there is a 2 1/2 inch difference between the top of my right femur and the top of my left femur! Wow! if you know me, you probably have noticed that I walk with a slight limp. That is why. So, the dr. wants me to do some things in addition to being adjusted. So, I now have a lift I wear in my left shoe (or slipper, or sock, I am supposed to wear it all the time.) When I first put it on, i felt all off balance and such, but really i was just standing how I am really supposed to be standing! So, my body is adjusting to this new thing, which is making my feet and hips hurt. But it is all for a good thing. By doing this, I will be able to prolong my need to have a hip replacement. Yes, you heard me right - a hip replacement! I don't need one now, but damage is already being done, and he said I will probably need one a lot earlier than "most" people would need one if I don't do something about it now. Yikes! I don't want that! We also saw on my x-ray that i already have quite a bit of calcium build-up in my right hip, which means arthritis. Yeesh. I sure feel old now!
Even though those are some not too encouraging things to hear, I am so glad we are finding out about them now instead of 15 years from now! I am so thankful for the times we live in and the technology we have to be able to better improve our health. If it were not for all that, I am pretty sure i would not be here today - the happy wife of the most wonderful man and the proud mother of three beautiful children!
So, there you go. Probably more info about me than you ever cared to know!:-) Yesterday, we also received some pretty upsetting news about a good friend of ours who comes to our church. She found out yesterday that she had a brain tumor. We are not sure just how bad it is, but testing is going to be done soon. Please pray for her, if you think of it. Her name is Andrea and she just a few years older than Matt. She has two girls - 10 and 6 years old.
Well, that's it for now! Happy Saturday!
Until next time...
1 comment:
Good chiropractors are amazing!! Glad you're getting some things straightened out. (pardon the pun!) How long till you guys leave for Colorado? I bet you're chomping at the bit! Hope you can put your feet up for a little bit tonight anyway!
Post a Comment