Wednesday, January 18, 2012

And Waiting....

Due date is here and almost gone and it looks like nothing is happening.  This will be a new one for me since I have never gone past my due date.  Had a non-stress test this afternoon and Baby is doing just fine - seems happy as a lark in there.  Still only 2 cm, even with all the contractions I am having.  But am fully thinned out so that is good.  Sleep is not coming so great and my cough is still quite present, so I am a little weary.  The kids keep asking if Baby can come soon and pray for it all the time.  We all are! :-)  I know she will come just when God wants her to, so I am just trying to be patient.  But being this uncomfortable is hard, especially when your almost 2 year old is wanting you to pick her up and hug her and that's pretty much impossible for me to do right now! :-(

I go back on Saturday for another non-stress test if I don't have her before then.  So we are still just bidding our time.  I actually made supper tonight and cleaned up afterwards, which I haven't done since my mom arrived.  But I am paying for it now - can hardly move!  But I was hoping it would help move things along!  Oh well.

I do have a sorta funny story to tell really quick.  Yesterday morning we all ventured out in the windy cold to get some groceries.  We were all walking in - Matt holding Libby, my mom walking with Leila, and I walking (or should I say waddling/limping :-) ) with Liam.  We were still outside when an older man pulled up in his truck, rolled down the window, and said, "Seeing you guys makes me think of that family on t.v. "18 kids and Counting."  We just smiled and he drove away.  I found that odd.  So, us having 3 kids with one clearly coming any day now is reminding people of the Duggars?  Haha!  I think we are a bit behind them and don't think we will be catching up - ever! :-)  Although I know in this age having more than 1 or 2 kids is considered a lot and even crazy!  But not to me!

Still would appreciate your prayers.  Not only is my discomfort on my mind, but knowing what's coming (uh, labor!) is on my mind too, and I am very much looking forward to having that part done with!   Not a fun process by any means!  Plus, we are just so eager (and anxious) to see what our little girl looks like and to hold her, as well as starting to adjust to a family of 6.  Wow!  6!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Praying for you and itty bitty Miss! This post was on Wed, so maybe something has "happened" by now. :) Hope that your L&D goes smoothly and that you can get some relief and some sleep soon!