Sunday, January 15, 2012

And......Still Waiting.

Well, we are just a few days out from my due date and I have to say, I'm having a very hard time.  My mom has been here a week and it has been such a blessing to have the help.  The kids are loving having Grammy here, and I am able to rest and such.  Last week Matt spoke each morning at chapel at the Bible School that is not too far from here.  With the exception of Monday, I was able to go each day with him.  Then, on Friday I had my weekly prenatal appt.  Not much had changed from the week before, so she just swept my membranes and we came home.

It was a little later that day, about 8 p.m., that I started having a bit more contractions which were a lot more noticeable and uncomfortable.  So I was just sitting in my rocking chair and seeing how things went.  Not only dealing with the uncomfortable contractions and such, I am fighting a cold and have developed quite an intense cough.  Not to be too graphic, but I get into such a bad coughing fit that it makes me vomit.  Not cool.  Also, my nose was quite stuffy and I feel very sick to my stomach after every time I eat - no matter what I eat.  So, I don't really want to complain, but I was (and still am) quite miserable.

Well, Friday night was a loooooonnnnnggggg night.  I was having consistent contractions all night.  At first I was able to sleep a little, but I was keeping Matt up because I was moaning and groaning whenever I would have a contraction in addition to coughing - almost constantly.  Naturally, he was concerned about me so sleep was the last thing on his mind.

Finally I just couldn't sleep and we started timing the contractions.  They were pretty regular and we were then trying to decide if we should head in to check things out or not.  We mainly had two concerns with this.  First, the weather was NOT good.  It was cold, had been snowing then freezing rain, so the roads were quite slippery.  We had been hearing several reports of cars in the ditches and such.  So if we needed to go to the hospital, it was going to be a dangerous and slow going drive.  Second, the drs. keep telling me that with how my labors go and how "far down" the baby already is, I should not take my time in getting there - its probably going to be a fast delivery.

Well, around 3:30 a.m. we were going to just go ahead and go, but then I got into an intense coughing fit and threw up pretty much everything I had eaten in the last day! (aren't you SO glad I shared that with you? :-) )  Anyways, as soon as that was done, the contractions stopped so we just stayed home and tried to get some rest.  I was able to sleep for about 2 hours when around 6 a.m. I woke up with some pretty intense contractions.  I had them for about 2 hours every 5 mins or less so we decided to go in.  I wasn't really convinced that I was really in labor, but as I said before, I didn't want to take a chance.  They kept me there yesterday morning for a few hours.  I have dilated a bit more but it seems the contractions weren't really doing much so they sent me home.  This is all just "early labor."

So now here we are, today, with still contractions, still a cough.  I was able to sleep most of the night so that is good.  My biggest problem now is a very sore throat and back from all the coughing.  I am just praying that goes away before I am actually in active labor because it is going to make the contractions and pushing that much harder!

So that is our update for now!  I am going to try to do some walking today to let gravity help with everything and hopefully soon we will have our sweet little girl here!  Can't wait! (And so very ready to get this labor thing over with! :-) )

Until next time...

No comments: