The kids are super excited about VBS (or BBS as Leila calls it). We love that week, although it is an exhausting one. We have to all be up, ready, and out the door by 8:30 a.m. every day. Usually on Saturday we all crash and crash hard. I know a lot of people have started doing VBS at night. I think that is a good idea, but it seems to work best here in the mornings.
We don't have any new news on the job/our future. But that's okay. Really. :-) Actually, we have some plans that will keep us traveling and busy most of August. Matt has a few speaking engagements, which is nice.
Yesterday and today were exciting days as our school books came in! Liam and Leila are so excited. We won't start for another three weeks or so. I need time to get organized and such. Its gonna be different this year doing two kids instead of one! And wowsers, is there a huge change in the amount of work from kindergarten to Grade 1! But Liam is excited and I'm excited too! The funny thing is, some of his readers I remember reading when I was in 1st grade! Go me for remembering that far back!
Not only have Matt and I been busy with church stuff, we are still trying to get the house ready in case we need to quickly put it on the market. The living room and hallway is freshly painted and lovely green, new trim work and baseboards are on, new ceiling fans are put up, etc. I'm living how it all looks. I'm now on the lookout for some nice curtains for our living room. Its hard to find stuff like that here in our limited selection of stores!
The kids are good. Lexi now says "Da-da" about 256 times a day. She has even said "Hi Da-da" a few times - I kid you not. She is such a smiler and unless she is super hungry, she is smiling and giggling and so happy! We are still being blessed with free formula from our dr. Just today we picked up three more cases. What a blessing! They have literally saved us hundreds of dollars!
Liam is fascinated with how much he is growing. He will eat lunch, then run to our measuring chart to see if he has grown any since the last time we measured him, which probably was the day before! But I actually do think he is going through a growth spurt. He is hungry ALL THE TIME! I can't keep him full! Which also means we have a hard time keeping food in the house! We go through bread, fruit, yogurt, etc. faster than I can blink! Ahhh!
Leila has begun having some nightmares and having some other fears too. We are working through this. Actually, the Lord has been teaching me some things in my own life through this, which I plan to write about very soon.
Libby is - uh - busy. Just in the last week I have spent many hours cleaning up after her. Lets just say some of the cleaning involved peanut butter - lots of peanut butter. And shampoo - lots of shampoo. And crayons - lots of crayons. And highlighter. Oh, don't even get me started on the highlighter! Good grief. That girl can't be alone for 10 seconds. Seriously! :-)
On that note, if something like, say, yellow highlighter is scribbled over a 5 foot span on a freshly painted wall, the highlighter doesn't just rub off when cleaned. It spreads. And spreads. Ask me how I know this. :-)
So, ya. We've been busy. But we are good. Hope you are too!
Until next time....
1 comment:
Enjoy your week of VBS! Though tiring, it definitely is worth it! Enjoy your last week in this particular ministry as well!! Praying for you!
Post a Comment